Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Em2 suspension (d2 racing & skunk2 coilovers)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bernardpoverty is an unknown quantity at this point
Em2 suspension (d2 racing & skunk2 coilovers)

Hi
I have big problem because i don't know anything about d2 racing suspension. why i ask for it ... because i'm from poland and I can but it for about 1000$
I have em2 civic coupe 2004 USA and i want to mak my car lower. the main problem is that in poland we have not good streets so i think too about only OEM suspension with coilovers skunk2
what do you think about d2 racing suspension D2 Racing Sports USA

and this skunk2

Thanks fo everythink!!
Bernard
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
STAY AWAY FROM SKUNK 2. They are too stiff and you will blow your OEM shocks. D2 will be fine just don't slam your car to the ground. American roads are just as bad and ppl drive with coilovers no problems just avoid big pot holes.
Old 01-16-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Can you get KW suspensions from Germany? Opt for those over either one of those 2.
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

You talk about it

And what do You think about this setup OEM shocks and eibach springs Sportlines

Please write all what You think it will be very important for me

I want to add to this setup DC strut bar front and fear lower bar skunk2 or better is dc too??

thank You
P.S in Poland we don't have many EM2 so anybody know anything aboput suspension and anything about this model
I want to buy in USA kyowa wheels 206 blackmetal in 17"
what do You think about it? My em2 is black
Old 01-17-2007
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
if you are going to use lowering springs or skunk 2 style coils, after market struts are a MUST. getting springs only will blow the oem struts and will eventually make the ride very bouncy. sportlines and koni's are a great combination, but if your sole purpose is to lower and daily drive tokico blue or kyb's will work fine.... if you go skunk 2 coils springs, koni's for sure. otherwise just go full coilovers

Last edited by 04civic07; 01-17-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

thanku very much
Old 01-20-2007
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Czesc! Tez jestem Polakiem.

Anyway... The D2 coilovers are very nice. They used to be available for around $800 when they first came out, and they haven't changed much. They're top quality though and I've heard very good things about them. I wanted to get a set myself until the price went up.

The KW suspension is nice, the tube is stainless steel I think compared to anodized aluminum on the D2's... The KW's are probably a little heavier. There's a pillowball mount on the D2's though and I don't think the KW's have that.

For the front and rear strut bars... I had the DC and I sold them (the polished aluminum ones which are multiple piece). The front DC strut bar isn't bad actually, it worked well for me. I just got into the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) thing, so I ended up buying the Spoon. The Skunk2 bars are nice, I would get those over the DC ones. Or... Carbing. Or... Mugen. Mugen are expensive though.

In Poland the roads do suck. Depends on where you live though. Near big cities like Warsaw and Krakow and Lodz and Lublin and Gdansk the roads are OK. In other places you're talking about rallying instead of being on a road. hehe... All in all though I would say that an aftermarket suspension is a good thing. It's how much you lower that's important.

Also... If you're going for 17" wheels, you could go with a larger profile tire to raise your car up a little. Then you can lower it more and fill out the wheel wells while not having the car sit too low. Its an option.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve
i got OEM shocks and eibach springs Sportlines...it ride nice and comforty..it got lower when the weekpass after installing it...i got a evo2 catback and im already scraping the speedbumps even tho i go slowly over it sideways but still it doesnt help..even when the speedbump is small[like the ones you see at the mall] i scrape that too..
here how it look like from side view

Last edited by LilWannabeJdm; 01-20-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

nice I think it looks great with kyowa KR206
Thanku very much because I don't know how it will look with springs eibach sportlline
sorry for my english
Your help is very important for me
Old 01-21-2007
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve
glad it help you with your decisions..
Old 01-28-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
STAY AWAY FROM SKUNK 2. They are too stiff and you will blow your OEM shocks. D2 will be fine just don't slam your car to the ground. American roads are just as bad and ppl drive with coilovers no problems just avoid big pot holes.
i got Skunk2, and they work fine..but your choosing between full-coils and sleeve coils..obviously the best buy is fullcoils all-the-way. so got TEIN imo...im going soon...
Old 05-25-2010
Registered!!

Newschoolers is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Em2 suspension (d2 racing & skunk2 coilovers)

yha this response is a little late but for the info i had Eibach Sportlines on my EM2 before but it just crapped out the stock shocks!! so i opted for a full coilover kit from HSD. The suspension is great, all the adjustments are neat too!! the only thing i have to complain about it is you cant make the front soft enough!! at its softest setting two guys are able to sit on the front fenders without making it budge at all!! The reason for the crazzy stiffness i found out later is because the EM2 and the EP3 have the same part number from HSD... but a k20 weighs a lot more then a d17 so the suspension is made to work with more weight. Therefore... get rid of that d17 and swap in a k
Old 11-07-2010
Registered!!

Ann Liang is an unknown quantity at this point

The Yellow Speed is a really small company in Taiwan, there are only 5 employees working there, it’s like a household factory, also there is no ISO approval for the products they make. It’s the company which specialized in pirating others’ products.

In fact, Yellow Speed just founded before Oct. in 2010, the person who in charge of Yellow Speed company used to work in D2 company, but he got fired due to theft. So far D2 has started to sue the company, as I notice, they pirate D2’s patent as well.

If there is someone who is interested in buying their products, perhaps it won’t be under any warranty as the company might be out of business at any time.

P.S. You can post the message above to any website, chat room in public, if there are any unrealistic, we will take the responsibility.
Old 11-10-2010
Registered!!

eastpureplaya is an unknown quantity at this point

The full coilover is your best option. They are a bit pricey, but worth every penny. D2 makes (in my opinion) the best coilover kit for civics. They are between $800-$900 US dollars. They are a very smooth ride for daily driving as well handling is great as well for street racing. I know this because on my brothers 96 civic he has these coilovers and they are amazing. I am saving up to get these for my 01 EM2 Sedan.
Old 05-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Civicforums doesn't suport street racing, please don't discuss on our forums. Also, you can't compare a suspension set-up on a 6th gen civic and a 7th gen, they're a completely different style strut. D2 coilovers will work alright on 7gs, but the best coilover in that price range by far are progress.
Old 05-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eastpureplaya
The full coilover is your best option. They are a bit pricey, but worth every penny. D2 makes (in my opinion) the best coilover kit for civics. They are between $800-$900 US dollars. They are a very smooth ride for daily driving as well handling is great as well for street racing. I know this because on my brothers 96 civic he has these coilovers and they are amazing. I am saving up to get these for my 01 EM2 Sedan.
you have no idea what your talking about D2 is nowhere near the best coilovers for the EM2 they are one step better then raceland and thats not saying much have you ever heard of MOTON ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 05-02-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

? MB, last post was nov 2010?