Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

did anyone here roll their quarter panels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: did anyone here roll their quarter panels?

Originally Posted by pon55
I really would not do that! The lip is a structual part of the panel, bend it-don't cut.

What type of structural significance does it pose? I don't see any direct relationship to the inner lip and the panel, besides as detailed earlier it's ability to be welded to the floor of the car during production. Rolling the fender would have the same effect on it as cutting it off. I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine, not to mention I might leave a tiny 5 mm lip just for show.
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eyger
What type of structural significance does it pose? I don't see any direct relationship to the inner lip and the panel, besides as detailed earlier it's ability to be welded to the floor of the car during production. Rolling the fender would have the same effect on it as cutting it off. I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine, not to mention I might leave a tiny 5 mm lip just for show.
Flat ( 1 dimensonal) panels have no strength! Plus you will have an edge with no protection.
Old 07-19-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

^ Hm, I donno I'm still not convinced. I'll do some research of my own and find out what's going on.
Old 07-19-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Wow! Check this out, you can rent the pro tool and do it yourself! I might do that!

http://www.rollyourfender.com/index.html
Old 07-19-2007
A long winded 7th genr

I just think that cutting it is the most expedient way to get it done. It's not like I play basket ball on my rear fender, I don't really need it to be stronger versus weaker. I guess I don't see any drawbacks. besides the fact that I have to get it repainted, which I'm going to do anyways. Oh well.
Old 07-26-2007
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about

Hmm... Cutting the inner lip off. That's interesting. One sucky thing that just came to mind about rolling is that dirt and grime would get stuck behind the lip on the inside and could eventually cause corrosion. Especially true for where I live (the NorthEast).