Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

my custom endlinks

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Those aren't half-bad. I'm actually working on a version of my endlinks with rubber dampers. I think the problem isn't the play inside the ball joint. There is some play, but its not very much. Maybe 1/10 of a mm. That's tiny. The reason why they make noise is that the part between the two ball joints (the body of the endlink) is free to move about. It clanks back and forth when you go over bumps. The solution is to put a rubber damper in like you did.

However, yours isn't that great either. The range of motion is limited since you have a bolt holding the washer on the other side and the washer will go into the endlink a lot sooner than mine. Plus your rubber is squished and limits motion further. Your whole assembly is free floating on the rubber, so you have a lot of flex. You should check your nuts to see if they are loose. A locking nut would help in your design, a lock washer might help, but the force required to squich it will also squish your rubber part.

Plus you should consider deflection. After a time, the rubber will mold into the deflected shape, and you will have to re-tighten the whole assembly. After a while the rubber will fall apart. I am practically done with the rubber isolation rings for my endlinks, the only thing is that they're hard to put on, but I can leave that as an option to whomever wants to use them. I think I will start selling this version soon 'cause my endlinks haven't been selling like they used to.
Old 10-24-2010
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
Re: my custom endlinks

You could also go with different rod ends that include the threaded stud so all you would need is 6 nuts, 4 washers, and 2 lock washers.

McMaster-carr part numbers:

6072K13
6072K33

Not trying to rain on anybody's parade but I question the range of movement of the joint with washers installed on either side....seems like it would be somewhat limited.

EDIT: I just noticed your post Grey. I'd like to help out with the whole redesign thing. Any chance you can shoot some pics of the current design with lots of different angles? I used to have a set of the endlinks you were selling but sold them with my sway bar a while back. I do remember a bit of clanking going over bumps but I think it's something we can definitely fix and I'd really like to help

Last edited by 2k2civic; 10-24-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-24-2010
Registered!!

How about the "super swivel rod ends"? It would solve the range of motion problem I think.
Old 10-26-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i had endlinks like the ones in the pic above and snapped both of em in half on the front factory sway bar (with other suspension mods: bushings, lowered, etc). i would recommend the moog endlinks, they are much thicker and stronger than stock and even those metal ones above.
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Here's a stupid question: What's the purpose of the endlinks?
Old 10-26-2010
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nosepicker
Here's a stupid question: What's the purpose of the endlinks?
This is why this site is dangerous: Heres a guy who is a Senior Member, who gives regurgitated advice to guests and other new comers, yet doesn't own a floor jack, cant figure out how to jack up his car (even though there's a huge arrow pointing out the location), and has no clue what sway bar end-links are for? The answer is in this same thread!

My point is, just because a person makes a lot of comments on a forum doesn't prove a ****ing thing about his knowledge cars.
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Prodresurgence
This is why this site is dangerous: Heres a guy who is a Senior Member, who gives regurgitated advice to guests and other new comers, yet doesn't own a floor jack, cant figure out how to jack up his car (even though there's a huge arrow pointing out the location), and has no clue what sway bar end-links are for? The answer is in this same thread!

My point is, just because a person makes a lot of comments on a forum doesn't prove a ****ing thing about his knowledge cars.
What a douchebag you are!

The suggestions and advice I give are basic fundamental automotive knowledge. Anything beyond that I stay out.

As for the floor jack, dumb@$$ go back and read the posts. It wasn't just me. Even those who were more knowledgeable had issues. So get off my d!ck, ******!

Originally Posted by Prodresurgence
You're a fakin' genius, aren't you? You state the obvious trying to make yourself look smart? Dumb@$$ go play with your calculator.

We're here to help one another yet your sorry @$$ comes here and does nothing but complain about other people. Do yourself a favor and jump off a bridge because you contribute nothing in this world. A sorry life you live, pho sho!
Old 10-26-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

common kids, play nice!
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

What's this world coming to?!?!

A senior member that doesn't know EVERYTHING? How can that be?

Seriously though, calm down. Just because you know some things that other people don't doesn't make you god. Nor does it give you the right to complain and call the guy an idiot.

This forum is here for everyone to come on here and learn and share information. Calling each other names doesn't help that.

So now, can we get back to the topic at hand and try to figure out how to put together an inexpensive yet strong endlink?

Gearbox, I saw pics of those Moog links and I love them, but they're more than double the price of the links mentioned in this post. If someone needs something just a little stronger than stock (maybe stock sway and lowered?), then it could work for him/her. I snapped my stock links with the stock swaybar and then when I upgraded to the 22mm Progress bar, I bought Grey's endlinks and drove the car hard with no snappage.
Old 10-27-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

does anyone have updated links to make those end links??????