Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

why are my sides different height?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
why are my sides different height?

For the front finger gap on eibach prokit, one side is 1.25 inch, the other is 1.75 inch. why?
Old 10-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
driver side is lower b/c of the engine
Old 10-11-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ah okay. any fix for that? heavier battery lol?
Old 10-11-2005
Registered!!

fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
jw, how come my driver side is higher than the passenger side? i've measured this a couple of times. (i dont have aftermarket struts or springs btw)

Last edited by fuzzylogic426; 10-11-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-11-2005
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

CivicRocker02 is an unknown quantity at this point
either your really fat or... lol j/k :-P i dont know why
Old 10-11-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
For the front finger gap on eibach prokit, one side is 1.25 inch, the other is 1.75 inch. why?
**** i have the same thing too but i deny the fact by telling myself i am just crazy or the ground isn't flat.

i have about half to a finger height difference, driver's side being lower.
Old 10-11-2005
Registered!!

hehe, if my driver side is higher, then that means im lighter than air.
Old 10-11-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
^^^lol

it is normal that driver side is lower for our vic.
engine+driver=more stress on the (driver side) struts
Old 10-11-2005
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
are you parked on an incline? i've noticed that too, but if i park on a perfectly flat surface theres not much difference.
Old 10-12-2005
Mr. Clean

oh yeah, thanks gearbox for measuring your gaps for me. ill be sure to rep u.
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

hey changu-san, are you asking me? well, i measure the height when im parked in my garage. and, my garage is probably perfectly flat (i used one of those measures with that bubble inside.lol). i dunno, all i can say is everytime i measure the height, my driver side is a bit higher. maybe my passengers are too fat? jp, im just trying to blame others. or maybe i just lost so much weight that my struts werent used to it, and they popped back up, but in the process they went too high? sorry, studying for midterms has fried my brain

Last edited by fuzzylogic426; 10-12-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2005
Premium Member

yea. just to clear it up, i was parked on flat ground, and i was not sitting in the car when i measured it duh.
Old 10-12-2005
Mr. Clean

maybe it just needs time to settle
Old 10-12-2005
Premium Member

it has been settling since january. also it seems like every day its at a different height. sometimes i look and the rear is sagging, other times its pretty close to the front.
Old 10-12-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
It is normal. The engine and driver put more stress on that side and therefore it is lower. To fix it you need coils .
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
yea drive is lower then passenger, i have my b&g set to the same all around and its obvious to me at least cuz im **** like that and i can tell its higher but to ohters they dont really notice. its like a half inch more
Old 10-12-2005
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
holy **** i thought i was the only one!! lol. i just kept telling myself, like some1 said, that it was either the uneven ground or an optical illusion. so drivers side being heavier is normal! im relieved a bit!
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
look down

Last edited by goodtimes; 10-12-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

dam me to man its like im so **** about it i allso have B&Gs the front is ok but when i get to the back it all over the place like the RR is one finger gap and LR is no finger gap it pisses me off so when i get my system back im going to level it to one finger gap in the back

- do you guys think the next time i adjust my coils i should have a full tank of gas.
or will that mater?

-do i need stiffer back springs to compinsate for my system or what.

help me please.
Old 10-13-2005
Premium Member

well i got a single amp, no spare, and 3-6 gallons gas usually. yes it does help. i'm sure with subs, full tank (about 60-80lbs) and spare I'd be tucking.
Old 10-13-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
yea i notice when i get a full tank of gas and pull out the lot, i can hear it on the fender.
Old 10-13-2005
Registered!!

so do any of the suspension god's have any good way to adjust coilovers to be the same hight all the way around?????
Old 10-13-2005
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
it has been settling since january. also it seems like every day its at a different height. sometimes i look and the rear is sagging, other times its pretty close to the front.
yeah my car is like that all the time and i just ignore it but i do have this annoying clicking sound when i downshift and when the car jolts
Old 10-13-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
(happy gilmore moment) thats because u only have 1 shoe on
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

kelvinjai is an unknown quantity at this point
Same here!!

Holy smokes.. I thought I was the only one. My gf has a 03 Civic EX Coupe (stock suspension) and I notice this problem few weeks ago in my garage. It is like 0.5-1 inche difference and I think it's pretty ridiculous (driver side lower). Her alignment is fine and same the the tire's pressure...

You guys said that is normal?
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
this sucks my cars like this too, i thought i was trippin cuz i took it to the dealer and they were like.. it's perfectly straight, and when i got back home and put my car in the garage and measured, the drivers side was lower than the passenger side, and even now with H&R springs, the driver side is still lower than the passenger side -_-;; i think i should just leave like 150lbs of weights in the passenger side until it evens out or something
Old 11-11-2005
Premium Member

that doesn't work lol. i had a full load in the trunk (enough to slam the rear) for about a week driving cross country. It went back up once we took everything out. thats what springs do.
Old 11-12-2005
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
no but the thing is... it was crooked before i put the H&R's on, and it still is i dont understand why -_-;;
Old 11-12-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Just leave it alone!!! It is fine with the driver's side lower!!! Springs aren't going to change the weight distribution. The car is fine leaning, they all lean. Every car, not just the civic, leans...it depends on where the engine sits and where the gas tank is. End of story.
Old 11-12-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
the driver side will be lower cuz of weigt like robbclark said...also right turns tend to have more speed than left turns so when u turn right even more of the cars weight is pushing the spring down

Quick Reply: why are my sides different height?