Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Megan Racing coilovers...update after 10 days, post 24

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slammed02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
900 Bucks with free shipping here
http://www.optionimports.com/meracokici01.html
or here
http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=2504

Last edited by slammed02civic; 07-10-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

DerekWSCP is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey This is derek from wesellcarparts.com I noticed you all were looking for the megan coil overs, and someone posted a link to our site; well any way if your interested I can do a little better... if your thinking about getting those coilovers send me a email derek@wesellcarparts.com and I'll see what I can do for you... We would love to have your business
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by TeLLy
There is no camber adjustment on the rears for this kit. If you feel you need a camber kit, then go ahead and buy an Ingalls or whoever else sells those (I've never owned a camber kit).
Yeah, I installed and it doesnt look that bad. I might just get one though since tires are expensive it might be worth it.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

FERIOHHHHHHHHHH will become famous soon enough
these sound good but do anyone know how low you can really go with these? im tryin to tuck the whole tire on 17s and maybe even 16s.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
hear are 2 pic's. i can go about 1/2inch lower
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	67659   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	67660  
Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

sound_bwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Megan Racing coilovers...update after 10 days, post 24

I've been following the thread and I've been reading about a couple of y'all having problems with squeaking and clunking noises with the megans.....Whoever has had this problem, was the problem easily fixed with some grease or is this a flaw with the megan coilovers. If it is a flaw, I might just go ahead and get the tein basics. I'm not too sure though
Any input would be appreciated
Old 06-21-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

uve been following this thread since august of last year and u decide to ask now? the problems were easily fixed and they are a very good set of coilovers. get them. i might just get me a set very soon.
Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

When I say I have been following the thread, I mean that I've read through everyone's posts and replies(not necessarily since august of last year or whenever it was started).
But yea, I'm really considering getting them..From what I've read so far, they seem like they are a good deal comparing them to the tein basic which doesn't have the damper adjustment. What has me still considering the tein basics is the good reputation tein has so I'm not too sure.

Well established and known brand/no damper adjustment
VS
Fairly new brand, more features basically the same price

Has anyone heard anything negative or heard about any flaws that the tein basics might have?
Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

FERIOHHHHHHHHHH will become famous soon enough

tein basics suckssssss... if you're not planning on getting at least the ss then dont get them cause the basics ride like stock struts with adjustables... and it does not go low at alllllllllllllllllll... up to you tho... many less known brand has good stuff.. ever heard of nex coilovers? i had them on my ek ferio... really nice stiff ride.. handles perfect... price not too bad also
Old 06-24-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jttegx
great review. looks like megan is heading on up with these.

does your vehicle have the 16mm front bolts like the 03+ civics do? if so, did these megan full coilovers fit in without a prob?

(this may be it for me so i dont have to mod anything)

ps:SELLING PRICE : $1099.95 per set.
Yooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Let bring back this old topic as well. I may have missed it, but do the Megans come with the larger bolts up front??

**Readys flame suit**
Old 06-26-2007
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

megan coils are the best
Old 07-01-2007
Registered!!

I just got my megan coilovers yesterday in the mail. I also got an ingalls caber kti for the rear. I'll try to get them installed on monday. I'll give you guys an update when I do
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

I just got the megans installed earlier today. The ride definatels feels smoother. So far no problems with them. Hopefully it stays that way. Does anyone know about how long it takes for the springs to settle?
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sound_bwoy
I just got the megans installed earlier today. The ride definatels feels smoother. So far no problems with them. Hopefully it stays that way. Does anyone know about how long it takes for the springs to settle?
what setting did you set them at?
I might get these..
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point

how low do these go?
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

3-3 3/4 inches i think...i dont know man go do your research.
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

Im not too sure exactly how low they go. I have about a 2 finger gap and there is still a good bit of thread left for me to lower it so it goes pretty low. In another thread I posted that I started to hear a clunking noise whenever I turned the wheel. I realized that this problem was due to the fact that the tension(not too sure of the proper term) on the springs was very loose. I could practically turn the springs on the strut easily with my hands.I adjusted this by turning the top screw(the ones they tell u not to mess with in the instructions) until there was some tension on the springs. After that I haven't heard the clunking noise again. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

mkingk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting a popping noise coming from the front left suspension, out of ideas on how to fix it, Anyone in the area (Tysons Corner) able to take a look at it?
Thanks in advance
Old 07-18-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ have you searched? Popping noises from the suspension gets covered almost weekly.
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

mkingk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, I've checked the pillowball itself, and the load on the springs. I have also read every post relating to suspensions knocking and popping noises. I have also checked the top bolt and it was to tight for me to adjust.
Old 01-26-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mkingk2
yes, I've checked the pillowball itself, and the load on the springs. I have also read every post relating to suspensions knocking and popping noises. I have also checked the top bolt and it was to tight for me to adjust.
Its the spring popping as you turn the steering arm which is really common on the 7th gen civic. Bottom perch of the spring has nothing to bite onto and the preload of the spring just isn't enough. I put silicon rubber on the bottom perch which solved the popping and you can see in the pictures of my sale.

Anyone interested in the suspension, I posted my old ones in the for sale forum.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...incinnati.html
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

I have the megan coil overs. I have it set to the lowest in the front which is just how i want it. I have it set to the lowest in the rear but there is still s 2 finger gap... Does anyone have this problem or do you know any ways i could get it lower in the rear? like maybe cutting the spring or something???
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sound_bwoy
I have the megan coil overs. I have it set to the lowest in the front which is just how i want it. I have it set to the lowest in the rear but there is still s 2 finger gap... Does anyone have this problem or do you know any ways i could get it lower in the rear? like maybe cutting the spring or something???

DONT CUT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2003 lx coupe and just got the megans. I used to be running JiCs but 80k miles killed em. Got the megans at a great price for there features from hopupracing.com 895 shipped, from an authorized online retailor.

I have had 3 probs with them. just put them in this week. They deff dont ride as nice as the JiCs but thats beside my point.

1. had to drill holes in front for spindle bolts, were waaaay to small.
2. strange bump recovery and bottoming out noise from one of them in the rear.
3. Rear goes from stock hieght to 3" higher.

I am assuming you tried to lower them properly as per the instructions. Thats what i did, and thats how i got the results mentioned prior.
Unfortunatly if you are in the same situation i was the only way to lower them is to forget about preload, and lower the spring perch waaaay down.

I have been dealing with the guys at megan this week over this issue. What im finding is that they did the original r&d on a 2001. and honda changed a few things in 2003, not sure how this all corelats. But since i have a 2003 i have been running mainly 2002 rsx-s suspension parts since i got the car, never had a problem and they bolt up just fine.

What you need to do is email the following people tell them exactly what you posted here about the rear ride hieght issue.

jose@meganracing.com (sales manager)
cyrus@meganracing.com (tech support)
nelson@meganracing.com (no idea who he is, but he is involved somehow)

If you are running an 03 this will help prove my case with them. i just had to take a bunch of photos for em. ill post the photobucket link below. but deff talk to them tell them your having the same prob. well at least get a proper set outta megan, and im trying to get a set of 2002 rsx coils from them to try, they say the civic and rsx is not interchangable on any coilover, i know it is as i ran JiC for an rsx, and currently run a rsx rear camber kit, trailing arms, and upper tie bar.

If you want to email me at avanthd1@yahoo.com, ill be glad to chat with you in more detail about the whole situation, and help ya figure it all out.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii143/Autoxcivic03/

Last edited by dragin; 03-13-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2008
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dragin
DONT CUT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2003 lx coupe and just got the megans. I used to be running JiCs but 80k miles killed em. Got the megans at a great price for there features from hopupracing.com 895 shipped, from an authorized online retailor.

I have had 3 probs with them. just put them in this week. They deff dont ride as nice as the JiCs but thats beside my point.

1. had to drill holes in front for spindle bolts, were waaaay to small.
2. strange bump recovery and bottoming out noise from one of them in the rear.
3. Rear goes from stock hieght to 3" higher.

I am assuming you tried to lower them properly as per the instructions. Thats what i did, and thats how i got the results mentioned prior.
Unfortunatly if you are in the same situation i was the only way to lower them is to forget about preload, and lower the spring perch waaaay down.

I have been dealing with the guys at megan this week over this issue. What im finding is that they did the original r&d on a 2001. and honda changed a few things in 2003, not sure how this all corelats. But since i have a 2003 i have been running mainly 2002 rsx-s suspension parts since i got the car, never had a problem and they bolt up just fine.

What you need to do is email the following people tell them exactly what you posted here about the rear ride hieght issue.

jose@meganracing.com (sales manager)
cyrus@meganracing.com (tech support)
nelson@meganracing.com (no idea who he is, but he is involved somehow)

If you are running an 03 this will help prove my case with them. i just had to take a bunch of photos for em. ill post the photobucket link below. but deff talk to them tell them your having the same prob. well at least get a proper set outta megan, and im trying to get a set of 2002 rsx coils from them to try, they say the civic and rsx is not interchangable on any coilover, i know it is as i ran JiC for an rsx, and currently run a rsx rear camber kit, trailing arms, and upper tie bar.

If you want to email me at avanthd1@yahoo.com, ill be glad to chat with you in more detail about the whole situation, and help ya figure it all out.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii143/Autoxcivic03/
jose just ordered a oil catch can from him yesterday, been dealing with him for 3 years, awesome guy
Old 03-22-2008
Registered!!

To bottom rear is just threaded. If you need to get lower it would be possible to cut down the threaded section and then to go back with a thread repair file and smooth it out (can loan one out from autozone). Just cut that section however much lower you need it to go, doing it in steps to keep in the heat down from the rest of the strut. Only issue is that it would mess up all of the coating that keeps it from rusting. I had a 2002 civic and it went low enough for me, although it was almost maxed out.
Old 03-23-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

my megan racings are seized .. the fronts .. only after 3000k and i took them off in the winter? what should i do summer is coming around