Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Help me choose some coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004
Ultimate Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
Help me choose some coilovers?

Ok guys... I don't know suspensions too well, so I'm not sure what it the best product for the money:

Tell me, should I go with Hayame or B&G (talking full coilovers here). I've heard that the Tien SS aren't all they're mad out to be, or at least not worth nearly $1100.

So.... it's either Hayame for $660 or B&G for $900. I just want to know what is gonna be the best product, regardless of the $300 difference in price. Let me know what you guys think and someone please explain to me what the big difference is.

Feel free to flame the suspension newb if you must....
Old 07-26-2004
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
also, i'm now riding on 18"x7.5" black ADR DV-8 wheels with 215/35-18 Yokohama Spec II's if it makes a difference to anyone.

a little concerned about looks, but not at the expense of performance...
Old 07-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I say B&G's because everyone on here who has them, loves them. All I keep hearing is bad things with the hayames. I am not too sure about the teins though.
Old 07-26-2004
Ultimate Member

any more advice anyone???
Old 07-26-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Here's what I've gathered from my customers who've purchased each setup:

TEIN SS: Great ride love the adjustability but doesnt drop low enough.
B&G: Great ride and you can slam it.
Hayame: Would never sell this because I wouldnt put it on my own car.
JIC Magic: Don't sell them but I have them and love them.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-26-2004
Registered!!

518 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by StreetLevelPerformance
Hayame: Would never sell this because I wouldnt put it on my own car.
Good luck with your decision.

B+G S3, no questions asked The cleanest manufactured suspension I have ever seen. TEIN is clean as well but I vote for B+G as the cleaner of the two since B+G doesnt come painted. This way, you can see any imperfections in TIG welding, if there is.

Last edited by 518; 07-26-2004 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2004
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i love my d2's
Old 07-27-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Performanc wise the SS are the way to go (The only one you listed with Adjustible Dampers). if your not looking for all out handling, then the B&G seem very popular.
Old 07-27-2004
Ultimate Member

well, B&G seem to be the winners so far...
Old 07-27-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Performanc wise the SS are the way to go (The only one you listed with Adjustible Dampers). if your not looking for all out handling, then the B&G seem very popular.
I'd have to agree with Zzyzx.
Old 07-27-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
I'd say:

1. B&G-Nice entry level true coilover...95% of people that have them are pleased w/ them
2. Hayame-Excellent entry level coilover for the cost-minded people
3. KW-Real Nice. High quality. Excellend handling. I have the V2 myself.
4. Progress CS1-Haven't sold any yet..............????
5. Tein Basic-Nice entry level true coilover...75% of people that have them are pleased w/ them but not low enough
6. Tein SS-Nice true set w/ dampening...not lowe enough
7. Tein Flex-Not released yet.