Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

03+ Front Sway Bar Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowvic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the progress bars, sportlines, and zero toe. The car's behavior is neutral if I'm careful. If I let off the throttle at high rpm or brake hard enough, it easily oversteers.
Old 04-05-2004
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually think I will take it in for a full aligment and have them check the toe before I remove the bar. I just had them check the caster before becuase they said they'd do it for free (slow day in central PA )
Old 04-05-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
as an example to what a little toe can do, I Co-drive a little 89 Civic Si for Solo 2 events. on the first outing with the new car the owner had it set for 0 toe front and back..... the car eneded up being the best drift car at the envent (Very Loose) for the next event we set it to 1/8th inch toe in on the back, the car was much more stable, pratically like 2 different cars.
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Zzyzx, I also AUTOX bigtime, and I have the 03 withthe front 16mm and I did the 22mm progress, will it kill the setup if I go 27mm in front or should I just stay as is, I heard I would dangerously could go into neutral or oversteer especially considering I have the DC5 Mugen tower bar in the back as well, I have no body roll---suggestions, bro?
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
Your setup now is more dangerous on the street, but better for autoX. You have the hayames right? You don't notice body roll in the front with that little bar?
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

no I got the neuspeed tie bar up top, thats why I want to go 27mm on the bottom--
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

Strut bars are only chassis reinforcements, they don't affect weight transfer. Why are you thinking about a bigger front sway, what is the car doing right now?
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

its fine, I just thought going a bit stiffer for the autoZ might help but then I'm gonna do some small track work after some more brake work--
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

When zzyzx gets here he'll probably tell you to keep your sway setup and ask you about your spring rates, so just PM him and he'll get back to you asap. I have an 03 silver sedan also and tinker with this stuff all the time. I wish I knew about you before my road trip to Colorado in April and met FattyMcJ, I would have liked to check out your ride.
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

oh **** you know Jason too! thats great ya dude where have YOU been?, I do have the Hayames though and I feel they are realy soft compared to the koni adjustables I've seen on others cars--oh, BTW Jason went rogue and a gota EP3 lol crazy, huh?
Old 07-06-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Crackhead79
Hey Zzyzx, I also AUTOX bigtime, and I have the 03 withthe front 16mm and I did the 22mm progress, will it kill the setup if I go 27mm in front or should I just stay as is, I heard I would dangerously could go into neutral or oversteer especially considering I have the DC5 Mugen tower bar in the back as well, I have no body roll---suggestions, bro?

For autocross you are not going to want the 27mm front bar, that will make you understeer way too much. Personally I feel that the 16mm front bar and a 22mm rear bar will be the trick set up for autocross. (it may be a bit too loose for open track though).
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

awesome man just felt that the 16mm was too weak but I had no problem with the rear at all so I had an idea I was ok, thanks man----Keep in touch!