Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Just ordered some Teins. Need Advice =)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012
New Mod on the Block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Just ordered some Teins. Need Advice =)

Hey Guys,
I've been on neuspeed sport springs on blown stock shocks for a while now, and i knew it was time for an upgrade. I just ordered a set of Tein Basis's and here's my dilemma. I've had SPC rear camber arms and a set of no name camber bolts up front. I've had very bad luck with them becoming out of alignment and i have to get an alignment every few months (thank god for lifetime alignments haha). with the new coils, i'm only going to drop about .75 inches to 1 inch.

Should I:
1) keep the camber bolts and keep doing what i'm doing.
2) get stock bolts and rotate tires more often.
3) get new camber bolts.

I'm leaning more towards option 2, unless someone has reasons why that would be bad.

also. Anyone in Miami wanna help install a set of coil overs? There's free beer and Vietnamese food in it for you .
Old 10-23-2012
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just ordered some Teins. Need Advice =)

such a low drop id say go with stock bolts but if you get free alignments then why not keep the camber kit in lol
Old 10-23-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

You got me at free viet food.
To bad you're a full country length away.

For that small a drop, I would just get stock bolts, or RSX bolts.
Old 10-23-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

renn, welcome back renn! and wtf? youre viet too?
get some quality bolts. like SPC bolts. they're not that expensive. $20. i have them and i never have a problem with them coming out of spec and i am dropped 4+ inch.

you can also mark their position so if you ever see them out of spec you can just redo them yourself (most alignment places wont take off your tire to adjust that camber bolt.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
You got me at free viet food.
To bad you're a full country length away.

For that small a drop, I would just get stock bolts, or RSX bolts.
wtf?! im even closer to you and you dont even come down here to get some viet food with fish sauce andd rice sauce!?
Old 10-23-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
wtf?! im even closer to you and you dont even come down here to get some viet food with fish sauce andd rice sauce!?
I only come for quality noucnam and home made pho though!
Then you can take me to SEMA too
Old 10-23-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Luckily bolts are cheap so getting a better brand is certainly an option. But your not looking to drop very far so you shouldn't even need them, stock bolts will do just fine.
And good luck with you TEINs! That's what I'm rolling on!
Old 10-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well i know for ingalls bolts they have a higher torque setting then stock maybe the people doing your alignment aren't torquing them down properly.
Old 10-23-2012
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
renn, welcome back renn! and wtf? youre viet too?
get some quality bolts. like SPC bolts. they're not that expensive. $20. i have them and i never have a problem with them coming out of spec and i am dropped 4+ inch.

you can also mark their position so if you ever see them out of spec you can just redo them yourself (most alignment places wont take off your tire to adjust that camber bolt.
My family is Chinese, but they moved to vietnam before my mom was born. So my family was raised in vietnam and moved to the states, and raised me with chinese culture mixed with viet. so i guess i have the best of both worlds!

the bolts i have now will definitely need to be changed, but i'm still weighing my options since Miami roads are so bad. i hate having to take my car in every couple months.
Old 10-23-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind the extra $150 price tag, tein has pillowball upper mouts with camber plates.
Old 10-23-2012
New Mod on the Block

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
If you don't mind the extra $150 price tag, tein has pillowball upper mouts with camber plates.
hmm... would the RSX ones fit? 7th gen civic isn't listed.

http://www.tein.com/products/upper_m...rice_list.html
Old 10-23-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Not gonna lie. I have no idea. I just assumed since my SS coilovers came with them, that the EM2/ES1 would have their own. I think RSX coilovers fit on the EM2, so I don't see why the upper mount wouldn't fit, either, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Old 10-24-2012
New Mod on the Block

i think i'm going to go with the stock bolts, so i don't have to worry about them getting out of spec. can anyone point me in the direction of getting new ones? i didn't install the aftermarket front camber bolts, so i have no idea where it is or what the OEM one looks like.
Old 10-24-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...SHOCK+ABSORBER
Old 10-24-2012
New Mod on the Block

#12? Just want to make sure before I buy. Thanks for the help all!!!

Also, my offer for free food and beer stands for some install help
Old 10-24-2012
Registered!!

yes #12and #14 just make sure there the rite size for your car year.