Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

tokico blues lowering Shocks/springs combo installed now rear sits too low?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bravo79 is an unknown quantity at this point
tokico blues lowering Shocks/springs combo installed now rear sits too low?

AS the title said. Why my car sits too low from the rear? On their website it says 1 inch drop all around but as you can see in the picture it sits way too low in the rear. Did I miss something when installing ?
Please any help is greatly appreciated

Old 09-18-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: tokico blues lowering Shocks/springs combo installed now rear sits too low?

If you get springs with the same drop all around then the back will sit lower. I have sportlines and have the same issue. I think neuspeed springs have different drop front to back and don't do that. From the factory the back sits lower just not as noticeable because of the larger wheel gap.
Old 09-18-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

your rears have LESS fender gap than your front. the front has a bigger fender gap to compensate for the left/right turning of the wheel.

therefore, when you drop your car (for example) 2" all around, you will see that you have almost no fender gap in the rear while you still have a good inch or two in the front.

for this reason, many of us opt to get coilovers where we can adjust each corner independently.
Old 09-18-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

the only springs that take this into consideration are neuspeed springs. they drop the front 2" while the drop the rear 1.5" (something like that). so that way your car looks more "even"
Old 09-18-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

my rear fender gap was always smaller than fronts:
Name:  DSC02113.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  DSC08585.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  98.0 KB

curious enough, when i finally corrected the rear camber (as in, more positive - I had to do after the lowering, rears were -1.6, fronts 0....), the gap improved (as in, the rear raised) - must be the geometry tha does it.

Name:  vic2.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  130.4 KB

note that the car is parked in a slope, rear on the lower side, so it should be compressing slightly more.
i recommend using a rear camber kit and reducing the rear camber. getting a front camber bolt and increasing the front camber should also help.

and yeah, the wheels are still in the garage, but i am liking the black-on-black of the stockie steel wheels :P
Old 09-19-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive had tokico shocks and eibach prokit for at least 5 yrs, and it is still an even drop all around. about 2 inch gap between tire and fender on every corner and i have a 2k2 sedan. also have spc camber kit and car is aligned to factory specs. i dont have a spare but even when i did it was the same height.
Old 09-19-2012
Registered!!

Here are some more pictures

FRONT

Old 03-10-2013
Registered!!

So after thinking about this for long time I dont think the drop in the rear are normal I took measurement and noticed that it dropped from 26Inch to 23 Inches to the ground and that is 3 Inches drop. These are the Tokico Spring/Shock Kit - HPK Series I believe the serial number I found in the rear spring says
Tokico UF 5096BR-P

The fronts sits 1.5 inches lower than stock which makes sens
Any one can help with this ? Anybody used those before and can confirm the drop ? Could it be a mistake in the reassembly,
Old 03-10-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

in miatas, tokiko kits are too soft for the length left in the springs. it seems they did the same on the civics.
just get some eibachs. they did a poor job on miatas, but a great one on civics.
have you tried to correct rear camber to see? my pics are all after the camber correction. before it was one finger on the driver's side, now 2-3 fingers
Old 03-10-2013
Registered!!

I did get an alignment after installing them and they told me that everything looks fine now.
Old 03-10-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

my eibach 1" drop gave me -1.6 deg rears and it still figured as OK on the alignment - within factory specs tolerance. with that 1 finger gap.
now i am at -0.5 and gap is higher in the rear.
i installed camber kit for that.

just throw the darn tokiko springs and get eibach. for civics. not sure of other cars except that they suck for miatas.
now i think they suck for civic's too.
eibach for miatas suck, but they are great for civics. mine works good.
Old 03-10-2013
Registered!!

Good point on the rear camber I remember now that the alignment guy didn't do anything to the rear camber and than he said everything is whiten specs. It sucks though I dont want to pay 80$ just to check the camber and than nothing. I think I need to raise it 1.5 inches from the rear. Or I will switch back to the stock spring and then go back to the harshest ride again. I really need some input here but its sounds like this forum is dead!
Old 03-11-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

make some spring spacers for now? would not change the effective travel of the suspensions, though
Old 03-12-2013
Registered!!

I am putting the stock springs back on for now and see how stiff the ride will get. I really want a smooth ride and not really interested in lowering anymore I think soon I will have a brain damage from how stiff the ride on those cars.
Old 03-12-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

as said, you could get other springs that have better reviews...
Old 03-13-2013
Registered!!

I am wondering if this is a a shock and spring kit (Combo) from Tokico and on their website it says
Vehicle height is lowered .05 - 1.75 inches from stock height.

Why does it sit 3 inches on the rear ? This will blow out the shocks soon. Didnt they know that 3inches are not safe for them? I also emailed them like 2 times now and no answer.
I read somewhere here that they are stiff when matched with stock spring and the best option for smooth ride is to match them with TEIN H.TECH springs.
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

Update

So I opened the rear shocks yesterday and found that they weren't put together the right way I found that there was a washer or plate 52685-S5A-004 was put above the bump stop cover which is an extra and when I removed it the car got little higher about an inch so now on the right side it sits 2 inches low but no the left(Driver Side) I didn't find anything wrong except maybe the shock wasn't indexed right. So I decided to remove the Tokico spring and install the stock ones. Now the it ride very stiff again.

I am looking for stock shocks now and wondering if its best to buy 01 stock shocks or 03 that might be improved.

I need your input guys
Old 03-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Shocks were the same until 04. I'm not too sure if they even changed in 04 but I do know that the crash bolt size changed from 14mm to 16mm so you will need to keep that into account when installing.
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

Although part numbers are different on majestic honda on 01 and 02 and 03 shocks. The springs from 01 are different than 02 and 03. Is there a place where I can get the stock shocks for cheap?

I am selling my Tokico HPs with Tokico springs now.
Old 03-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

how much for just the blues? Umm.. your best bet for OEM is majestic honda. Unless you can talk your local dealer into matching their price. That way you save on shipping. A member on here has managed it
Old 03-18-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

wait... you waited 6 months without checking the suspension assembly? ...
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

sdaidoji Yes I didnt check.

BlueEM2 If your interested in buying the shocks and the springs shoot me an offer $$$

Note they only have around 8k on them.
Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

So I think I dont have allot of options left. I read allot about Tokico and Tein H techs on this form. The 03-05 suspension is more durable then 01-02 but does not fit. Maybe it will after replacing the knuckles.

How do you compare Tein H techs + Tokico to stock ride?
Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

Input PLEASE!!!!!
Old 04-04-2013
Registered!!

Any Input???
Old 04-05-2013
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

I am dropping on the Tokico and Neuspeed Sports shortly (next weekend hopefully) I read great things about hte neuspeed drop as they compensate for the rear of the car... 1.75F 1.5R.

Ill post up before and after pics when I get it done. I had coils before and it was harsh at times. this should be much more manageable.
Old 04-05-2013
Registered!!

Thank you. I think I found the shock/Spring combo I have installed
01-02 Civic Tokico HPK Shock / Spring Kit HPK309
http://www.tunersports.com/tokico-hp...309_p1646.html

This is expensive combo and its not 1 inch drop. According to my measurement it sits 1.5 front and 2 rear.

I really like my tokico and thats why I am looking to get just springs that make the ride smoother.

How is Neuspeed Sports compared to Tein Htechs ?
I think someone here have this combo installes Tokico/Tien h techs Please post some review about them!
Old 04-08-2013
Registered!!

Update

So last night I was checking on Tein Htechs prices on autoanything site and a chat window popped up so I decided to asked them questions and they ended up selling them to me for $160. They are on there way! I will install them and provide feedback
Old 04-14-2013
Registered!!

So I got the springs but see what happened check the attachment please.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130412-00237.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	85035
Old 04-27-2013
Registered!!

So after a week the shop said your car is ready. and when I saw it the back bumper looks too black for the car it self. I dont think they used the same color code for my car. I sent it back and they said they will have the General Manager take a look at it before making any changes. This was done by USAA insurance from the guy who hit my car.

What you guys think? Is this normal for the color miss matching? What should I do if they said your car is faded and they can match the color?

Quick Reply: tokico blues lowering Shocks/springs combo installed now rear sits too low?