Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Godspeed Camber Kit? Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012
Civic Novice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bp957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Godspeed Camber Kit? Your Opinion

I done some searching and really never came up with any good info. I was curious has anyone ever used the Godspeed camber kit before? If so, have you had good luck with them or are they junk?
If they are junk what camber kits do you recommend (reasonably priced)?

I'm needing to order some and looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance
Old 08-06-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Godspeed Camber Kit? Your Opinion

I don't have personal experience with it, but my friend had Godspeed camber bolts on the front of his Celica. Within months, the threads were completely stripped under normal driving conditions. The metal was unbelievably soft and pliable after running the car.

I haven't heard much about the rear camber kits, but knowing what I know about the poor material used to make the front bolts, I would suspect the rears to be similar. They will probably be fine for a while, but make sure to check them out often. Coat them with rust-proof paint first too, to slow possible decay of the low grade metals.

Great reasonably priced options are: Megan Racing, Wicked Tuning, or mildly used Ingalls or SPC
Old 08-06-2012
Civic Novice

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
I don't have personal experience with it, but my friend had Godspeed camber bolts on the front of his Celica. Within months, the threads were completely stripped under normal driving conditions. The metal was unbelievably soft and pliable after running the car.

I haven't heard much about the rear camber kits, but knowing what I know about the poor material used to make the front bolts, I would suspect the rears to be similar. They will probably be fine for a while, but make sure to check them out often. Coat them with rust-proof paint first too, to slow possible decay of the low grade metals.

Great reasonably priced options are: Megan Racing, Wicked Tuning, or mildly used Ingalls or SPC
Thanks for the info that's what I was trying to find out. That is what I was afraid of. Of course, it's probably you get what you pay for deal. I was just curious. I may try to go with one of the ones you recommended. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-06-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bp957
Thanks for the info that's what I was trying to find out. That is what I was afraid of. Of course, it's probably you get what you pay for deal. I was just curious. I may try to go with one of the ones you recommended. Thanks for the help.
Do you have a 7th gen? or an older Civic?
If you have a 7th, lots of guys recommend the Megan Racing rear camber kit. Very good quality for the price. Not so many have tried the newer Wicked Racing kit, but it appears to be very good too. Personally, I have Ingalls, but only because I got a very good deal on them from an RSX owner.
Old 08-06-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Ingalls is great!! I have had mine for a year, front and back.
Old 08-06-2012
Civic Novice

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Do you have a 7th gen? or an older Civic?
If you have a 7th, lots of guys recommend the Megan Racing rear camber kit. Very good quality for the price. Not so many have tried the newer Wicked Racing kit, but it appears to be very good too. Personally, I have Ingalls, but only because I got a very good deal on them from an RSX owner.
I have a 7th Gen Sedan. I may check out the Megan Racing kit. I have put it off for a while after lowering and now it's starting to eat the tires and need to get it fixed.
I like the Ingalls the best but a little more than I want to spend right now.
Old 08-06-2012

Originally Posted by bp957
I have a 7th Gen Sedan. I may check out the Megan Racing kit. I have put it off for a while after lowering and now it's starting to eat the tires and need to get it fixed.
I like the Ingalls the best but a little more than I want to spend right now.
By all means, go for the Megan Racing kit. People have had great luck with those. Save those poor tires
Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would only use ingalls for front and back.
Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would stay away from the Wicked Tuning chamber kit I bought the rear set for my car, it fits perfect and everything was fine, then about 8 months down the road the rear right side camber snapped on me while I was on the freeway.
making the car on undrivable. I was just happy it didn't end worst at least I was able to some what move the car to the side. anyways after that I am with ingalls now.
Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah godspeed and megan are just glorified ebay products that are fine for things like exhaust and miniscule items but i wouldn't trust them for suspension components. the ingalls smart arms are probably the most durable arm you can find. i mean just look at the difference
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...roducts_id=275 why would you take that chance just to save 80 bucks ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-06-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've had the same SPC rear camber kit installed on my car since 2004. Hasn't failed me yet