Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

So I wanna drop my civic some but...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w00rdup is an unknown quantity at this point
So I wanna drop my civic some but...

I wanna know exactly what I need do I just need coilovers or lowering springs or what? I know this is a noob question but this just isn't my strong suit really anything else I'm good with I apprciate the help and any parts that are good that you would like to suggest I get let me know
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So I wanna drop my civic some but...

3 options; 1: lowering springs + aftermarket shocks rated for drop| 2. Full coilovers like tein basic, ksport, megan, d2's, etc.....| 3. Coilover sleeve like Ground control, Skunk2, etc. + aftermarket shock like koni

I hope that made sense.
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

3 options; 1: lowering springs + aftermarket shocks rated for drop| 2. Full coilovers like tein basic, ksport, megan, d2's, etc.....| 3. Coilover sleeve like Ground control, Skunk2, etc. + aftermarket shock like koni

I hope that made sense.
Old 03-22-2010
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

ronaldo.. been awhile.. lol

yeah he's right you have 3 options. If you want something aggressive and be able to control how high/low you are, coilovers are the best way to go, if you just want a nice drop but dont want to sacrifice your ride go with the Eibach Pro Kit (1-1.3" drop), and Tokico HP's (Blues), I'd also recommend with any lowering kits; the SPC Camber Kit. Optional would be the neuspeed upper strut brace

But yeah if you just wanna lower your ride and not sacrifice ride, Tokico HP and Eibach Pro Kit
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it alot I'll look into what you recommended as far as parts
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

And where would be a good place to buy these at the places I've looked are kinda lame
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cwo715
ronaldo.. been awhile.. lol

yeah he's right you have 3 options. If you want something aggressive and be able to control how high/low you are, coilovers are the best way to go, if you just want a nice drop but dont want to sacrifice your ride go with the Eibach Pro Kit (1-1.3" drop), and Tokico HP's (Blues), I'd also recommend with any lowering kits; the SPC Camber Kit. Optional would be the neuspeed upper strut brace

But yeah if you just wanna lower your ride and not sacrifice ride, Tokico HP and Eibach Pro Kit
Hey man, I've been around just haven't posted much. Civic just hit 130K running like a champ just burning some oil now but no biggy. As for as the OP, you can search for vendors like Truehonda, Dezod, Streetlevel performance, or good old ebay. There are many other vendors just keep searching.
Old 03-22-2010
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

If you want a real nice drop go with full coilovers. Now if you want a mild drop go with shocks n springs
Old 03-22-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I personally liked my Tokico blues with Tein s-tech springs.. gave it a nice subtle drop (1.2 front, 1.3 rear, if I remember correctly) and barely stiffer than stock ride

Then I droppped the money for my Tein Super Streets..

good place to buy: http://www.dezod.com/cat_suspensionchassis.cfm

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 03-22-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

camber kit ???
Old 03-22-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

^^ that too..
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

your also going to want to replace the stock bushings for oem or poly also new ball joints while everything is off the car.
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Yeah I'm looking for a smaller drop not to much maybe 1 1/2 to 2 I wanna be able to adjust it
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Not adjuat it all the time just til I like it
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Civicrider99 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh im having the same problem. i wana lower my 99 civic ex but dont know how much i should drop it do you think??

Last edited by Civicrider99; 03-22-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

ihatepotholes is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know if kyb gr2s would hold up to tein s.tech springs?

just got gr2's for a steal,but have read that tokiko blues was the way to go.

-93 coupe
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

Supposedly kyb are OEM replacements so I wouldn't go lower than 1 - 1.3 inches to be on the safe side.
Old 03-23-2010
Registered!!

FerstlerSlim has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Anyone know what the stock spring rates are on the 01-05 Civic 2dr?

Dave