Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

what to lower car to 1 finger or less gap.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
what to lower car to 1 finger or less gap.

I have an 01 coupe and I want the gap to be gone, but not slammed.
Right now I have it on S techs with 2 finger gaps, but my car is higher than other people who have S techs - someone said its because I have lower profile tires? I'm sick of seeing the gap. Can someone reccomend coil overs or springs/shocks/struts / camber kit whatever? I'm practically starting a new here suspension, I've had the S techs on for 2 weeks and I'm hating it already. Hopefully I won't scrape when it comes to going over speed bumps or backing up into speed bumps. I dont need a camber kit now but any lower and I will and I'm willing to spend the money... the gap really bugs!!
here are some pictures to give you a better idea.

Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about
Re: what to lower car to 1 finger or less gap.

whats the max drop on what your springs and sturts now?
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

if you get bigger wheels, they will fill the gap out more. those wheels do not look very big on your car, at least not much bigger than stock. when you put low profile ("shorter") tires on stock size wheels, it is not going to fill out the wheel well as much as someone who has passenger ("taller") tires.
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

right now i have s techs on stock strut stock shocks
no camber kit (didnt require one)
the max drop of the advertised S techs are 2 finger gaps all around. And yes thats what it is, 2 finger gaps... 1.6 1.7 ish all around i think

Ive been told if I got bigger tires then it would fill the gap in a sense, but I dont want to mess with my odometer or speedometer or whatever.
Can someone clarify that with me. These are 17 inch rims, are there tires that come bigger? I dont care about the added weight, but I do like these over stock tires because they are a tad bit wider. Or it could just be the angle of the pictures... i mean with certain brightness and angle my car looks alright but in person... im not too happy...
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

yes there are plent of tires bigger than what looks to be the 45s u have on right now. if u get bigger tires uld just have to remember that u will be going faster than what ur odometer says, but its not a huge difference. like if ur going 60mph ur really going like 63mph.
i honestly think u need to wait longer for the springs to settle b4 u decide to spend more money. 2 weeks isnt very long to give the springs time to settle.
Old 09-05-2007
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future

if you want a finger gap or less I had tokico HP struts and Eaibach sportlines, the ride was comfortable and it was low as I wanted it but then again I had 17 and 18 inch wheels in my venture
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

i have 17 inch rims too.

How are the tokico blues? I was told S techs blow factory shocks fairly easily but then others say factory is okay with S techs.

I don't think my springs are going to "settle anymore" I'm going to a different shop this weekend to have them take a look at it. The shop that installed them didnt seem to do it right as I hear squeeking noises when I drive slowly.

Now about the higher profile tires, would they make my rims appear smaller? I'm okay with the speedometer different of a couple miles, but what about the odometer? I'm really picky about how many miles I drive, and It hurts me to see my car slowly approaching 50,000 miles. But I guess thats just one thing i'll have to face if I want less gap for less money...
Seems like a waste to throw out these brand new S techs...
Old 09-05-2007
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute

i have blues and goldline springs and barely have a 1 finger gap. im on 17s with 205/40/17 tires
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

sltuner88 is just really nicesltuner88 is just really nicesltuner88 is just really nicesltuner88 is just really nice

give it more time to settle..its more than likely it hasnt settled yet and if it doesnt then sell them and save and get coilovers
Old 09-05-2007
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute

the shouldnt take more than 2 weeks to settle, mine took like 6 hours and it was done.

also you sure you have s techs and not h techs or what ever they are. cause nuspeed sports are a 1.7 drop and they sit alot lower than yours. yours looks like a 1.2-1.3 drop like the h techs.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

mxcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

any one have experience whit the dropzone shocks and springs ?
Old 09-05-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

get coilovers!
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

they are stechs u can tell from the pics. mine took like 2 months to settle completely and i bought them used so they were on another car for a good 5K+ miles before
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

mxcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

dropzones shocks and springs ? anyone?
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

remmick69 will become famous soon enough

i just recently put Tokico D-spec shocks with S. techs....Spring still needs to settle in...Just give it some time...
Old 09-05-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Do yourself a favour and don't change it. I have S-Techs same as you at the same height. Then I drove for 5 days with hundreds of pounds of weight in the back of the car and the rear fenders were nearly sitting on the site, I couldn't get even a piece of my pinky between the tire and fender. So it might seem like a lot but drive around for a night with 2 people in the backseat and try to get over a speedbump. You need to consider these things before taking a picture of your car with new springs and no weight in the rear.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

im sorry i dont have any fat friends that might blow my shocks or struts.
And I'm sure they are S techs, I had H techs on and they suck big time.
Is it possible they didnt install it right - I keep hearing squeeks and creeks and people said they arent installed correctly or something like that, but at high speeds its perfectly fine. I don't want to waste that money and installation costs and throw it away... but at the same time S techs were advertised to me by the guys at the shop to have a 2 finger gap all around, so I don't think it'll get any lower.

But maybe its the tires?
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

when you say settle in, do you mean compress and lower even more?
Will it be that much noticeable? I've never driven anyone in my car since installation: i have no friends. and no heavy items. I'm worried if I start making friends my shocks will blow. I won't even park in spaces that are slanted.
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

can i drive around with water cotainers or bags of fertilizer?
I had a friend sit in the rear today and it gave me a really nice drop, but this guy's only 120 pounds and as soon as he got out it went back to the normal 2 finger gap. So can I put heavy stuff in my trunk and hope my shocks don't blow?
Old 09-08-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

NO, itll just slow u down, invest in a bigger drop, but ull have more camber problems if u do, and ull have to get a camber kiti dropped 1.5" and have camber problems after 6 or 8 mos cuz of the shitty roads here
Old 09-08-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Dude, why are you so caught up in such a small difference? Who cares? I had what you want just a few weeks ago with all the crap in the car and it literally scared me, I thought I was going to hear rubbing for a few seconds on the highway and then see my tire rip to shreds. I was pretty relieved when it went back to normal height after reaching my destination and taking all the stuff out. And I think it looks fine that way.

With crap:

Without crap:

Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

svtec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mxcivic
dropzones shocks and springs ? anyone?

Dont buy dropzone!!!! there crap!!
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

i dont think im going to want to waste a set of brand new S techs + installation + alignment costs...

btw, Dex, what kind of springs do you have and tire/wheel size.
I'm kinda obsessed with this because I saw fast and furious too much and I always see ricer cars with no gaps and it makes me mad that my car is supposed to be cool too but yet theres still 2 fingers. It's not that bad from up close but far away... i have serious mental problems hahaha.

i'm not worried about the weight problem, btw I've never driven anyone in the back since installation of the springs 3 weeks ago. Should I just drive with something in the back, water or something to help settle the springs? or does it settle by itself?
Old 09-08-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

those are some thinck tires... but go with some Skunk2 coils... or GC..
Old 09-08-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kcari
when you say settle in, do you mean compress and lower even more?
Will it be that much noticeable? I've never driven anyone in my car since installation: i have no friends.
dude, dont be so hard on urself
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

i meant no friends who need rides.
Old 09-08-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

get it right the first time.. i know i said Skunk or GC.. but get BG or JIC
Old 09-08-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

tokico hp or illumina with a neuspeed race spring
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough

I got tokico's with neuspeed sport springs on my coupe...i have no gap whatsoever and no rubbing at all....love it..looks great
(also have spc camber/ rsx sway/struts bars/ carbing bar)
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

can i keep the s techs and tires, is there any way to get rid of the gap? feels like a waste, springs are only 2-3 weeks old, tires are just 2 months old.

i just thought i could put heavy things in the trunk (not too heavy) i'm looking to lower my car 1 finger. I still want to have a 1 finger gap (its 2 fingers now) or I'd be happy if I can't stick my 2 fingers in there (like when my friend sat in the car)

I mean its already sporty and nicer than factory height but at the same time I feel as if the ricers at my local university look down upon me. I'm talking about those JDM gangsters.
but aside from that excuse, its an eye sore!

Last edited by kcari; 09-08-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Quick Reply: what to lower car to 1 finger or less gap.