Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

warranty n' warpt rotors questions..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chibOi is an unknown quantity at this point
warranty n' warpt rotors questions..

okay guys.. i've basically searched on the board and come
to the conclusion that my 2003 civic has warpt rotors due to
my stupid *** washing my car after a long day of driving...
numerous times.. so any who.. i've had the car for like 3 mnths,
and i've decided that sometime this week i'll bring it into the
dealership, cuz my car's warranty should cover it right? but
i have a few questions.. thanks guys..

1) i have custom exhaust, aem cold air intake, gold line lowering springs and some new 16" rims.. will they try to say that some of this stuff has voided my warranty? what will they say? and how should i fight it?

2) do i even have a warranty if i didn't talk it over with them about paying for one?

3) does my warranty cover replacing the rotors and stuff?

4) whats the best way to get what i need done?

5) gimmie any extra tips u guys got pleeease

thanks in advance..
Old 06-24-2003
Registered!!

fastlx is an unknown quantity at this point
I would start by putting on your stock wheels. Sometimes when taking wheels off and on especially when using an impact gun it can warp the rotors (putting them on that is). With your stock wheel on they might let you get away with it. Also, are you sure that it happened from washing the car? Did the brake pedal pulsate prior to your washing? If so, then they were warped before the car wash. Just some thoughts.
Old 06-24-2003
Registered!!

blustrek01 is an unknown quantity at this point
you do'nt have anything to worry about. your mods have nothing to do with the brakes. not even your rims cause dealers offer plus size rims as an option. you only have three months on the car. that there is your major arguement if you need one. i don't know your personal driving style but riding your brake might cause your problem. they might ask you that. i wounld'nt think you that you will have any problems. good luck, tell us what happens.
Old 06-24-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
None of your aftermarket stuff should cause a problem, but Brakes are considered a wear item under the warranty, so they may or may not cover it. Due to the age of the car, they may help you out here if you've got a nice dealer, but also plan on having to pay to get the rotors re-surfaced. If they say you need new rotors, replace them with Brembo blanks... they look the same as stock rotors, but they're supposedly a bit stronger than the stock ones. I don't know that car washing was the problem... I've never heard that before.
Old 06-24-2003
Registered!!

thnx for input.. any more info guys?
Old 06-24-2003
Registered!!

oh and i'm pretty sure the rotors were warpped from me and my friend spraying down the front tires after a nice long drive.. god.. dumb kids..
Old 06-25-2003
Registered!!

BiancaCivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
you will be very lucky if they cover your warped rotors...
warranties protect you from MANUFACTURERS DEFECTS the end. Not wear and tear, and definately not things that are your fault. Check your warranty info, read the fine print, gaskets, rubber and other wear and tear items are not covered. Unless you can somehow proove that your rotors are warped because of something honda did wrong, you will be paying to fix them yourself.
Aftermarket parts have nothing to do with warranty work, and will not affect what is covered as long as they are not the cause of the problem.
Old 06-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DestnationUnkwn is an unknown quantity at this point
My Civic is about 7 months old CV boot got a small hole in it causing it to leak. My dealer fixed it free of charge. No questions asked.