Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

4 to 5 lug conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver_em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
4 to 5 lug conversion

I'm getting some BBS wheels from a 1990s Rx-7 for my 2003 honda civic, I'm using adapters and I was wondering if there was anything I needed to know when trying to find the thickness of the adapters? I'm going to be using a two piece adapter. Also the offset for honda civic is +38mm and the offset for the Rx-7 is +40mm. This should work right?
Old 08-01-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4 to 5 lug conversion

Not sure about the adapters with regards to offset, but the range the 7thgen can take is like.. ET35 to ET44 without any other modification to make them fit. How far out do the adapters make the wheels sit (I've never used adapters, so pardon my ignorance in the matter). Also, why not just go with a true 5-lug conversion? I guess it is quite a bit more expensive, so there is that.
Old 08-01-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Not sure about the adapters with regards to offset, but the range the 7thgen can take is like.. ET35 to ET44 without any other modification to make them fit. How far out do the adapters make the wheels sit (I've never used adapters, so pardon my ignorance in the matter). Also, why not just go with a true 5-lug conversion? I guess it is quite a bit more expensive, so there is that.
I would like to steer clear from the true 5 lug conversion due to money purposes, I'm only 16 and I'm in college so my parents wont let me get a job. The adapters are 35mm thick so I'm not sure if that's good or what. If need be I can go thicker with the adapter.
Old 08-01-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

35mm is a huge adapter. That’s going to make the wheel stick out from the fender. Is the car lowered?

Old 08-01-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

wait, your profile says 19 years old...
Old 08-02-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
wait, your profile says 19 years old...
well you have to be 18 to register so I mean😂
Old 08-02-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
35mm is a huge adapter. That’s going to make the wheel stick out from the fender. Is the car lowered?

no the car isnt lowered, I mean the adapter has to be at least that thick in order to clear the lugs on the hub right? I cant find one any skinner than 35mm
Old 08-03-2018
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Yes no way around that. It just going to look...Google Mexiflush.

I would highly recommend getting the correct wheels.
Old 08-06-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Yes no way around that. It just going to look...Google Mexiflush.

I would highly recommend getting the correct wheels.
Do you think it would look any better if I were to buy flares for the civic? I've seen some civics that dont look too bad with flares
Old 08-06-2018
Prelude Owner

No it doesn't look bad when done right.

I don't really like flares though, but its not my car