Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Front rotor screws

Old 05-24-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
misa098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front rotor screws

What up guys, so im replacing my front brakes on my 04 civic coupe. My left front rotor had stripped screws and i couldnt take them out with a #3 phillips. So i tried to drill into it and try to extract it. Unfortunately it didnt work, so i ended up drilling all the way through both the screws. I managed to knock the rotor off completely but there still some of the screw left inside the hole on the wheel hub. Can i use a tap set to rethread the hole? If so, what is the thread size. Thanks in advance. Hopefully i wasnt too confusing
Old 05-24-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Front rotor screws

I, too, had to drill some rotor screws out and ended up drilling the threads out. Left them off, never had a problem
Old 05-25-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Leave the screws out.
Old 05-25-2018
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light

The screws are only there for brake assembly at the plant. No need to worry about them.
Old 05-25-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

many been there...
I was one of them recently...

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ing-bolts.html
Old 05-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by misa098
i couldnt take them out with a #3 phillips.

you will never get them out using a screwdriver

you need to use an impact driver

but like others said....leave them out, there is no need for them....your caliper and wheel nuts hold your rotor on anyway

Search this Thread