Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Brake problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mhammond1127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake problem?

Ok so when I stop it’s either my front or my rear I can’t really tell which one but it scrubs when I stop. It’s a weird noise because it’s like in one spot cause it’s only when it hits that one spot as the wheel turns. But it’s only when I stop. Can I diagnose it by jacking the front up and turning the wheel and listening or do I have to take the tire off and all that? My rear shoes were just replaced 2 weeks ago.
Old 04-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Brake problem?

If your not feeling any steering vibration when braking I would start with jacking up the rear, rotating the wheels while someone lightly touches the pedal.

Will take a bit of patience for you and the pedal pusher to work out, but you should be able to quickly find if one of your drums is out of round.
Old 04-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mhammond1127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
If your not feeling any steering vibration when braking I would start with jacking up the rear, rotating the wheels while someone lightly touches the pedal.

Will take a bit of patience for you and the pedal pusher to work out, but you should be able to quickly find if one of your drums is out of round.
the only time it shakes when braking is when I have to hard brake or going down a hill it shakes, but I know it’s time for new rotors and pads but the scrubbing is what I can’t figure out
Old 04-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

could be your front pads worn down to the metal,

could also be the wear indicator on the front pads touching the rotor
Old 04-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

it’s either my front or my rear I can’t really tell which one
WWSWD?

Stick your head out the window and turn your head sideways.
Old 04-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ezone
WWSWD?

Stick your head out the window and turn your head sideways.
Even better when someone else is driving/stopping