Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Aftermarket disc brake rotor and pad recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nk24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket disc brake rotor and pad recommendations?

My front disc brake rotors are warped on my 2002 EX Coupe. Called the dealer and they want $91 for each rotor and $80 for each set of pads. I typically like to replace parts with OEM, but sometimes the price they command can be a bit high.

Found this set of Nakamoto rotors and pads for $61 (free shipping too!), but couldn't find any reviews or recommendations: https://www.1aauto.com/honda-civic-i...=552055&y=2002

Has anyone tried these rotors/pads? Is there a consensus on a decent set?

I'm not looking for anything special, like slotted or drilled rotors. I just don't want to feel the vibrations anymore when braking at higher speeds.
Old 07-05-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Aftermarket disc brake rotor and pad recommendations?

Price OEM items online... and compare to the quote they gave.
Old 07-06-2017
Registered!!

bud_d is an unknown quantity at this point

We replaced our front rotors and pads with Raybestos, bought from Rockauto. Fast shipping and great prices. We bed them after putting them on - highly recommended.

Good luck!

Doug
Old 07-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

don't go cheap on rotors, they will warp in no time, if anything go cheap on pads instead,
Old 07-07-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Installion is as important as the parts used. Use brake cleaner and brass brush to remove as much rust as possible from the hub's mating surface the rotors will contact with. You want that surface and especially around the studs as clean and flat as possible. Don't over-tighten lug nuts..effects rotor wear. I prefer ceramic pads.
Old 09-19-2017
Registered!!

harleydavidson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nk24
My front disc brake rotors are warped on my 2002 EX Coupe. Called the dealer and they want $91 for each rotor and $80 for each set of pads. I typically like to replace parts with OEM, but sometimes the price they command can be a bit high.

Found this set of Nakamoto rotors and pads for $61 (free shipping too!), but couldn't find any reviews or recommendations: https://www.1aauto.com/honda-civic-i...=552055&y=2002

Has anyone tried these rotors/pads? Is there a consensus on a decent set?

I'm not looking for anything special, like slotted or drilled rotors. I just don't want to feel the vibrations anymore when braking at higher speeds.

I don’t have much experience in this field, but you can ask this from MCmotoParts (eBay) experts. They will provide you better info about it.