Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Need some help figuring out my wheel set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmart1209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Need some help figuring out my wheel set up

I just received my Konig lace black wheels(17x7 4x100 40mm offset) that i had to wait for 2 months to get here they were on back order . So I go to fit them on my 01 civic ex coupe and I noticed the Lug studs need to be replaced with a longer length due to the fact the lug only bites about 1/4 to 3/8 so Im like no problem something i can handle. So then I go to the rear to, see fitment and realize that the wheel with a 215 45 17 might rub the rear shock housing. The only thing I can think of is take the car to a tire shop and have them fit the wheel and tire and see what the situation is going to be. To me it looks like it will rubb and i will need spacers I really dont know if the wheel will even fit. Maybe im just paranoid but if anyone out there has a similar set up and is currently driving on this set up please give me some input on what I must do thanks.
Old 05-29-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need some help figuring out my wheel set up

Is the car lowered?

Are you using the OE lug nuts or did you get tuner lugs? Aftermarket wheels require different lugs then OE wheels.

becaise your offset is on the higher side the 7" might cause it to run on the shock. Have a shop check it out if you are comfortable with it.