Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Rim/tire help.!.!.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATMJDM01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Rim/tire help.!.!.

http://xxrwheels.com/xxr_527b.shtml#

Only problem is I can't find this rim ANYWHERE on wheel sites that let you choose the make/model of your car. The listings NEVER have these wheels. Can I get these wheels for my car? I also don't want to mess the speedometer up by messing up tire size ect...

I'm looking to get these in 16's. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ATMJDM01; 09-04-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: I REALLY want XXR 527 Rims...

Are you looking to be "hellaflush"?

You won't find that wheel under make/model because the offset is low. It will fit but it takes commitment.
Old 09-04-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Question Re: I REALLY want XXR 527 Rims...

Originally Posted by GolNat
Are you looking to be "hellaflush"?

You won't find that wheel under make/model because the offset is low. It will fit but it takes commitment.
No, Not doing any stance or lowering extreme. Just figured I could get these without that lol

What would be a good tuner wheel for a JDM clean look? Looking for black rims. I also found some good Tenzo http://www.andysautosport.com/custom...c=TENZ00200220

What exactly offset do I look for? I want 16" for sure... Just confused on the offset and all that.

EDIT* http://passwordjdm.com/Rota-Slipstre...els-C1831.aspx These are SEXY. Which 16" on there would I choose for my car???

Last edited by ATMJDM01; 09-04-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: I REALLY want XXR 527 Rims... Or help with a good WHEEL COMBO

You kinda have to decide what kind of stance you are looking for. Flush, Poke, Tuck then choose a wheel that will help that happen. Low offset is more flush and poke, higher offset which is OE is more tuck style. If your going for function then low offset and stretch tires is not the best choice.

Since your not going that low then it will look dumb to have the wheels stick out farther then the fenders,IMO. Flush would look good, an tuck will also just won't be true tuck or flush if there is fender gap and you will need to run different camber settings for each.
Old 09-04-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Question Re: I REALLY want XXR 527 Rims... Or help with a good WHEEL COMBO

Okay question, I found some rims on one site but all the tires they offer for it are 205/55-16. I want to run 205/50-16. Is that possible? If so, then I just have to buy tires from a different site.

Also like the Rota's, what exactly offset and stuff do I need? http://passwordjdm.com/Rota-Slipstre...els-C1831.aspx is the 4 x 100 work for my civic?

Last edited by ATMJDM01; 09-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-04-2013
Prelude Owner

Yes you can run 205/50/16 instead of the 205/55/16. Actually 205/50 might be closer to the stock rolling diameter then a 205/55. Only difference is your speedo will be off slightly. It's going to be off unless you stick with the stock tire/wheel size but it won't be off much with the 205/50 or 205/55. I run a 205/50/16. You could even do a 205/45/16 if you wanted less sidewall.

Yes 4x100 is the correct lug pattern. OEM offset I believe is +44 but you could get away with a +38. Basically the lower the offset the more the wheel will stick out from the fender. OE the wheel is inside the fender. You can actually measure to see about where different offset wheels will put the edge of the wheel.
Old 09-04-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

http://firstchoicewheelsandtires.com...=xxr&model=527

My buddy bought his 527's from them, he said they have really good customer service.
Pricing looks pretty decent too.
Old 09-04-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Re: Rim/tire help.!.!.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
http://firstchoicewheelsandtires.com...=xxr&model=527

My buddy bought his 527's from them, he said they have really good customer service.
Pricing looks pretty decent too.
Thanks man for the reply and site.

Yes you can run 205/50/16 instead of the 205/55/16. Actually 205/50 might be closer to the stock rolling diameter then a 205/55. Only difference is your speedo will be off slightly. It's going to be off unless you stick with the stock tire/wheel size but it won't be off much with the 205/50 or 205/55. I run a 205/50/16. You could even do a 205/45/16 if you wanted less sidewall.

Yes 4x100 is the correct lug pattern. OEM offset I believe is +44 but you could get away with a +38. Basically the lower the offset the more the wheel will stick out from the fender. OE the wheel is inside the fender. You can actually measure to see about where different offset wheels will put the edge of the wheel.
Okay so my current choice I think are the Motegi MR125's.

I did that Tire Calculator thing for 205/50-16 and it says it's only 0.5% too fast so it's the closest of them all to run on the car. Now my speedometer is already off. Had it tested before and they said I need a whole new cluster so I decided to not worry about it. I'm already used to it now. Let's say it says I'm going 60mph, I really will be going 54 or so. Don't feel like wasting money on it unless the whole thing just doesn't work you know? I don't see it being a problem.

Last edited by ATMJDM01; 09-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2013
Prelude Owner

Those are good looking wheels. What color is your car?

I wouldn't worry about it. Why was it tested before?

I wonder if someone remove the cluster before and didn't put the needle back on correctly.
Old 09-06-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Those are good looking wheels. What color is your car?

I wouldn't worry about it. Why was it tested before?

I wonder if someone remove the cluster before and didn't put the needle back on correctly.
My EM2 is all Black...

I tested it before when I first got the car because the cluster was off. They hooked the computer up to it and we drove it. It told me my real speed from what the speedometer was telling me. I ignore it now because I'm used to it and know exactly what it really says. Won't fix it unless it stops working lol.
Old 09-06-2013
Registered!!

rustycivic is on a distinguished road

I'm personally not a fan of black wheels on a black car. Throw in the tires, which are also black, and the detail of the rims kind of just get's lost in all the darkness. I'd go with something gunmetal at the darkest, enough that you can really see the wheel details. Bronze or white also look good on black.

Last edited by rustycivic; 09-06-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-06-2013
Prelude Owner

^ I agree. Im not a fan of black wheels on most colored cars because the wheel blends in with the tire.

White looks great on a black car

Name:  hUVEEl8.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  403.5 KB

You could always get the black wheels, see how you like them then get them powder coated to white or any color you want. The white wheel in that picture started out as black and he got them powder coated at a local shop for $190. That is always an option to!
Old 09-06-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

most people get there xxr wheels from here they seem to be the cheapest
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-Wheels-s/32.htm
Old 01-19-2014
Respect All, Fear No One

Question Re: Rim/tire help.!.!.

Need a little help my peeps. Couple questions before I order me some wheels FINALLY. I'm thinking of going a little different route by doing 16x8 XXR 522 with a offset of either 20 or 25 (whatever is available) What are the recommended Tire sizes to run for a x8 width wheel? I can't find it anywhere. I want to make sure I get a good meaty tire that is still close to my speedo and NOT stretching the tire. Also going this route, will I still be okay lowering my ride about 1.5-2 inches? I don't want any weird camber or rolling fenders.

If it's a problem with the stretching and or having to do the fenders and stuff, then I will just stay with getting 16x7 and go the safe route. These wheels come in 16x7 also but the offset is +25 instead of like a +40 like Rota Grid has. Would that look flush with my fender more so than the 16x7 +40 Rota Grid's???

Thank you all for the help and can't wait to hear some help with this so I can order my wheels tomorrow morning!!!

Last edited by ATMJDM01; 01-19-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2014
Prelude Owner

If your only dropping the car 1.5-2" and you have a low offset like that the wheel is going to stick out which looks silly in my opinion (unless that's what you were going for).

I don't know if you are going to able to fit an 8inch wide tire on there without stretching and keeping the speedo close. Your sidewall height will probably be rather large.
Old 01-19-2014
Respect All, Fear No One

If your only dropping the car 1.5-2" and you have a low offset like that the wheel is going to stick out which looks silly in my opinion (unless that's what you were going for).

I don't know if you are going to able to fit an 8inch wide tire on there without stretching and keeping the speedo close. Your sidewall height will probably be rather large.
I Gotcha. So that look is just for lowering the car a lot more then that. I don't want it poking out. I was just told that will make it flush with the fender which is what I want. But maybe just +40 and then I can play with spacers to get the look. Appreciate the help.