Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Wheel alignment issues... need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMFWIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel alignment issues... need help!!

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I will ask and share what I know. I have had my Civic for three years. The car used to be my wife's. When I got the vehicle I put new tires on the car and got an alignment to ensure that I got the best performance out of my purchase. The problem begins because the car immediately began pulling but I cannot remember what direction. I talked to the people but they had no idea what was the cause. So let us skip forward to today, I needed to get two new tires because the front tires had worn unevenly. Again I got another alignment but, like the first four alignments, as soon as I got our of the garage area the car was pulling to the right, really? Does anyone have any ideas what I can look into? I plan on switching the front tires, switch the right tire to the left and the left to the right to see if the civic will switch pulling directions, to the left? Please if anyone read the entire posting thank you and please send any and all comments. I would like to fix this ASAP.
Old 09-02-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Wheel alignment issues... need help!!

After I had my last alignment, my car still pulls hard to the left. The shop claims that I have a "tire pull" which they explain is a deformation of the tires tugging your car and not actually an alignment issue. I find this hard to believe, because I'm running on brand new $800 rubbers right now that are in prefect condition. I've tried rotating tires every which-way and had no success, but I had managed at one point to make the car pull the other direction.

I wish I could help, but the best advice I can offer is to get brand new high quality tires. Make sure that your alignment is set with 0 degrees of camber. I have all mine at -1 and it makes my car dig into corners much more easily and aggressively, thus making it harder to drive straight.
Old 09-02-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wheel alignment issues... need help!!

There isn't a lot that anyone can adjust on most of the cars except for toe. Can you post your alignment numbers, or a copy of the printout from the alignment machine?

Tire induced pull is quite common. The hard part (read time-consuming) is figuring out WHICH single tire is the cause.

Swapping the 2 front tires left and right, then a quick test drive, is the fastest method to PROVE a pull is caused by the tires. If the pull changed direction after swapping the 2 fronts, then it isn't caused by the alignment.

Then it should be a matter of swapping one sides tires front to rear, and test driving it, then doing the same to the other sides 2 tires, to figure out which ONE tire was the cause.

Michelin. FTW.

HTH