Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Rims/tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04civickid is an unknown quantity at this point
Rims/tires

I bought my 04 honda civic DX 2door coupe and now im looking to put some rims on it. I dont know what size I should put on or color. My car is Blue.. Any opinions?
Old 03-28-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rims/tires

Blue is a tough color to work with when is comes to rims.
I couldn't decide whether I wanted chrome or black because my car has accents for both. Depending on how much modification you do, white would look killer on a Fiji Blue civic; I just don't want white ones personally. I've never liked straight black rims on a blue car, but since you have a DX, that means you probably have black mirrors. Combine that with smoked or blacked-out lights and it might look pretty sweet. In the end, I went with some O.Z.s that have an equal balance of black and chrome: 17" Adrenalina

Choosing wheels is mostly up to your opinion on what looks best. Go to tirerack.com and input data for your 2004 Civic while searching for wheels. Tirerack will automatically select wheels with the correct bolt pattern, diameter limits, and width and it will even calculate what size of tires you will need. When you're wheel shopping, you can hit the "View on Vehicle" button to get a preview of how it looks.

I recommend if you don't have any suspension modifications or plans to lower anytime soon, invest in 17"-18"s and don't go wider than 225mm tires or you may have some rubbing. 18"s are a little bit harder to work with on a lowered car, so I bought 17"s to prepare for a 1.5" drop this summer.

Last edited by krudmuphin; 03-28-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-28-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

I am running 215/45/17 tires on gunmetal 8 spoke 17" rims.

Personally I think silver or black would look good with the blue. Pattern is personal choice.

I wouldnt get a rim wider than 7.5" or bigger than 17"

Honestly I would go with a 16" with 205/50(or55)/16 tires. More rim but still a good size tire for a comfortable ride. Not sure if you are lowered but you WILL have to roll fenders if your are low enough with 215's. I am tucked about 3/4" in the rear and had to roll my rear fenders.
Old 03-28-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

If your going strictly on style then a 17 is good. I have 17's now b
Old 03-28-2012
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

if you get a nice goldish bronze (like an sti) it wouldnt look bad.
Old 03-28-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

^ yeah those do look good.

Old 03-28-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Didn't mean to post yet...I have 17's and they look great on 205/40/17 tires but they are really heavy and ride on the rougher side. Sometime soon I am going to getting 15 or 16's in a racing wheel (lightweight). It will make the car handle in a different way with lighter wheels. If you don't care about that then 17's are a good size. I would go with a silver wheel because it will make the wheels pop and your car is a darker color, but that my opinion. I am lowered on Sporlines and don't have rubbing issue's but my wheel offset is high so they dont't stick out from the fenders.
Old 03-28-2012
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Check out my build thread (in my signature block). I have an eternal blue pearl civic with bronze rims. Theyre not as gold as I'd like them, but I got them from a freind like that. Theyre gonna be painted this summer to a more goldish bronze i think.

205/50/15
Old 03-28-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I got gunmetal 17's on my blue civic. I think it works great

check out posts 1 and 35 of this thread for pics: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-welcome.html
Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

Alright so everyone thinks i should put 17" rims on. If i put them on then it will make it ride rougher? and you think i should put a brozeish/gold or gun metal gray on?
Old 03-29-2012
CO&CA

yes the ride will be rougher but not unbearable or enough that i would deter you from going 17.

color is whatever you personally think looks better.
Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

i would suggest lowering the car first before rims(if you haven't already) or it will look weird putting 17s on the car
Old 08-14-2012
Registered!!

I purchased Kazera Rims for my civic and want to knwo if they are going to fit before i rap them in tires. I believe they are 17x8 or 17x9?
Old 08-14-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Not to sound like a dick, but why would you buy rims then ask if they'd fit?

But to help answer your question , are you lowered? What's the wheel's offset? Also, if they are indeed 17x9, you'll prolly have rubbing issues. Post #3 in this thread did recommend no wider than 7.5"...
Old 08-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

he wants to be hellaflush bro.
Old 12-18-2012
Registered!!

ScarletFBL is an unknown quantity at this point

17s are def good.