Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Desmond EVO Regamasters

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Desmond EVO Regamasters

Good news, bad news. My deal fell through with the Spoon SW388s from Japan. I did some scrounging and found a set of Desmonds in LA for $900. Mint, but powdercoated Matte Black. Not preferred, but do-able for the price. Found a local set for $1600, but they are factory anodized black and BNIB. The powdercoated ones are 16x7, 45 offset. Anodized are 16x8, 35 offset. I prefer the wider wheel and more aggressive offset, but they have a slight weight penalty and are $700 more. Your thoughts? Tire recommendations? I'd love to throw on a set of Azenis RT-615K, 215/50-16s, regardless of the speedo error. This is a bad__s tire. Realistically, it's not wise, I know. I guess I can give up some grip for 300+ wear rate.
Old 08-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Desmond EVO Regamasters

Personally, I would opt to save $700 and purchase the 16x7 wheels.

You have the 19''s when your looking for a set that will give you a sick stance, the 16x7 wheels are slightly better for pure performance on the track.
Old 08-29-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for being my voice of reason.
Old 08-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

haha no problem man

I would have thought you need a minimum 17'' wheel to clear your brakes.
Old 08-29-2011
EM2ti

It's a tight fit. We're talking a 1/2" clearance from the caliper to the spokes and barrel. I've got to test fit still, to make sure. I'm stoked about getting better gas miliage, straight line performance and CHEAPER tires. Mostly, I want to track it. Autocross is out for sure, with no power steering. I might tweak caster and toe to aid in steering.