Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Rota Wheels....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rota Wheels....

i wish i had some spoon sw-388s but check your local craigslist, idk if anybody on here is selling and slipstreams on here right now.
Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thefatalepic
Holy **** I didn't know TRON made wheels...

EDIT:

Holy crap Barbie is in the wheel business too? I wouldn't be surprised if I walked into Toys R Us and saw those wheels.

No offense.
what those are old school hayashi racing wheel knockoffs there cool as hell the gold ones llok better though here is the real deal http://www.hayashiracing.com/yayoi/yayoi.html
Old 04-15-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
what those are old school hayashi racing wheel knockoffs there cool as hell the gold ones llok better though here is the real deal http://www.hayashiracing.com/yayoi/yayoi.html
Ummm yeeaaahh I'm not feeling the giant flower wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver stepped out wearing leg-warmers.
Old 04-24-2011
Registered!!

JDMUSCLE is an unknown quantity at this point

So what is the cheapest you guys have seen for slips in 15x6.5 in gun metal? What do you guys think about using the stock tires 185 65 15s on these rims?
Old 04-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i wouldn't by new slip streams there are so many of them ou there there a dime a dozen.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

JDMUSCLE is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking for cheap, lite and good looking. The slips are good looking at the same time they are 6lbs lighter and about 400 for the set!!

If you have a better suggestion.. Please let me know.
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the Rota Sub Zero's. Planning to get a set of 15's in bronze soon.
Old 04-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thefatalepic
Ummm yeeaaahh I'm not feeling the giant flower wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver stepped out wearing leg-warmers.
I've been saving for those exact rims in pink, most people will think they're lame girls wheels, but experienced import tuners know they're a tribute to some of the most legit wheels ever made. Should I put on one Ronal teddy bear wheel to complete the look?

The original hayashi wheels go for around $8000 a set if you can find them.

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-30-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

I still don't get it.. but I apologize for making fun.
Old 04-30-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by weezywestJDM
anyone got sum rota slips???
just about everyone and their moms. lol including me.

i cant believe there is two pages and no pixs. lame guys!

i should post pixs of my rotas but i think everyone and their mom has seen my car.
Old 04-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I feel bad for the guys who actually shell out a couple grand on desmond regamasters or spoon sw338 and everyone just thinks they're rolling on rota slips.
Old 05-25-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I know this is an old(ish) thread, but I found this pic and thought I would share

Old 05-27-2011
Registered!!

^^ Lol.. true but in that case REAL (expensive) rims belong on REAL (expensive) cars!
Old 05-28-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

that pics is also very old. around when Rota just came out and their quality wasn't as good as it is now
Old 05-28-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I wasn't hating on Rota, just thought it was a funny pic :P