Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Rear disc swap and new rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Rear disc swap and new rotors

So, I've been searching both here and google for a little while now, and I haven't found a solid answer..

I have a rear disc conversion (02 Si rear brakes) and I was looking to replace all 4 rotors. Was gonna get them resurfaced, but with importrp.com and discountbrakes.com selling brembo blanks at $32 a pop, I figure it'd be cheaper to swap all the rotors, especially since I have no means to get the damn rotors off.

Now, the only solid part number I've found was for the fronts, which is 25331. Looking at passwordJDM's website, they have front rotors for 02-03, fronts for 04-05, and rears for 04-05, but no rears for the 02-03 ep3's. A bit of google detective work, I found a part number for rear brembo blanks for an 02-03 Si, which is 25834, but everyone seems to list them as "special order, call for pricing" only. The whole special order only thing that's attached to that part number everywhere's not giving me a warm fuzzy about those rotors..

Is that the correct part number? Or should I just go with Honda OEM for the rears? No, 5 lug conversion is not an option for me.
Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rear disc swap and new rotors

You should five lug swap. rofl.

Seriously though. I can't imagine there is any difference between the rear brembos or oems. Its just a solid rotor. 08.5803.44 is the brembo part number that I found from the brembo site. If you come to a conclusion about this let me know. Its about time that I change my rotors on all four corners too.

http://bremboaftermarket.com/En/Car_...IDMaster=70769
Old 06-15-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yea.. that's why I asked if I should just go with Honda OEM for the rears, because they were a solid rotor..
Old 06-16-2010
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

I never got around to doing that swap. Always wanted to though. How much of a pain in the *** was it BTW.
Old 06-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

yeah if you get it done let us know and maybe a thread of how to with pics?
Old 06-16-2010
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

If I do it I'll make a DIY and post it up. Never did it cause you dont need rear brakes to go in a straight line. But now that the civic is retired from shows and 1/4 mile I might go ahead and do it.

Last edited by CrewChief; 06-16-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I used boilermaker's DIY guide. I did the swap because I hate dealing with drum brakes and for looks. I used RSX e-brake cables, and the hardest part of the install was cutting the slack out of the e-brake cable line to make 'em actually reach the e-brake assembly. Took me 4 hours in my dad's driveway with a hydraulic jack, jack stands, and a set of tools. My dad didn't believe I was done when I finished

edit:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...elled-out.html

this is what I used.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 06-16-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2010
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Last time i needed Si rear rotors, I got them at autozone for $9.95 a rotor. Maybe now they're $11... but they sure arent $32. Just put the cheapest thing you can find back there, you dont need a fancy rotor. Its a solid disc.
Edit: I just looked... Advance has them for $22 a piece. I guess the car got old enough that they're not made in quantity anymore? Dunno... but that sucks if they've really gone up in price that much.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 06-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

sweet deal. Thanks.

Didn't think you posted on here anymore.. lol
Old 06-17-2010
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

I'm really busy these days... but every once in a while I check and see whats still going on.
Old 06-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
army12bc will become famous soon enough

looking to finish my conversion but can't find a rear right side that i need. got left but no right haha, can anyone help?