Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Would These Fit Our Civic? Big Lip.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Would These Fit Our Civic? Big Lip.

I like these wheels alot and I was wondering in these will fit our civic? Like rubbing and other stuff... I would like to get 16s but I dont know what size tires to get if I buy these.
If you need more pics let me know.

Old 07-02-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: Would These Fit Our Civic? Big Lip.

i've seen that integra before....anyhoo, 16s will fit fine. more important though is the offset you get and the amount of drop you're running. that will determine if you're gonna rub and or need to do some tire-stretching.

edit: are those the GAB wheels or the Rota knock-offs?? i can't see the center caps that well in the pic, but i'm pretty sure that's not an "R" on there....

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 07-02-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2008
Registered!!

YuckerDisMe is an unknown quantity at this point

what would be the ideal offset?
Old 07-02-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

most guys go with a from a +40 to a +42 offset....that usually works out nicest.
Old 07-02-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

yeah, but if you're trying to get any decent kind of lip on the wheels you're gonna need more than that. i've seen guys run +25 wheels without rubbing, but that was on a slammed DA, like the one in the pic.

if you know who the owner of the car you posted is, i'd just ask him/her what offset they're running. or get out some paper and be prepared to do some math.
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

keepItJDM is an unknown quantity at this point

They will fit but the off set is low so they will stick out a little
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

bluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the rough

noob question but i dont no **** bout wheel talk, whats an offset?
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

homelessEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Offset is measured from the wheel mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. There are two types of offset - Positive and Negative.

Positive Offset is when the wheel mounting surface is outside of the wheel centerline.

Negative Offset is when the wheel mounting surface is inside of the wheel centerline.

16x8 with a 15 offset will fit. those wheels are only available in et0 et15 and et 35 if im correct i used to have 15x8 502 on my 7th gen with a et15. u can run upto et6 on a 8" wide wheel and rim will still sit almost flush to the car. right now i have et6 upfront and et10 rear on 8.5" wheels.

p.s. sportmax not a real good wheel i had a set that peeled the clearcoat in about 3 months and they wouldnt warranty them. bought them new and they gave me every excuse in the book why they wouldnt return them. real wheels can be aquired for lil more then knock offs jus keep ur eyes peeled

Last edited by homelessEM2; 08-10-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

damn and i was looking at getting some 15x7 with a +25 offset....i think i'll be good to run a 195/50R15 stretched out as well...
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

homelessEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

well 195 50 15 wont stretch alot on 7" wheel if at all. it also depends on the type of tire not all tires stretch due to different sidewall meterials and harder/softer compounds
Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the benifits to this kind of set-up? Performance or just looks, i'm guessing looks. I'd think you'd go through tires because of the camber and dent your lips or more suceptable to curbing.
Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by homelessEM2
well 195 50 15 wont stretch alot on 7" wheel if at all. it also depends on the type of tire not all tires stretch due to different sidewall meterials and harder/softer compounds
that's fine by me. i didn't want to dramatic a stretch. it's not slammed and it is my DD, i just wanted a little wider wheel and an appreciable lip on them. i imagine it'd stretch a bit more on an 8" wheel though, but i don't know if i want to go that wide
Old 08-13-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DaddyFatSacks
What are the benifits to this kind of set-up? Performance or just looks, i'm guessing looks. I'd think you'd go through tires because of the camber and dent your lips or more suceptable to curbing.
well the camber can be corrected, so i wouldne see why you would go through any more tires than before, but yes the lip will be destroyed when you first curb them