Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Accidently drove with e-brake

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awang is an unknown quantity at this point
Accidently drove with e-brake

How much damage did i do? I was going 25-40 mph for about 2 min with it pulled half up.
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

HighBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Accidently drove with e-brake

not that bad...just go for a test drive see if e brake still works ...
drive 20 mph then let ur foot off the gas padel. pull the e-brake see if the car decrease the speed.. u should able to feel it.. if it does.. ur car is fine.. no worries at all.. believe me.. i have done some stupit mistakes.
Old 10-23-2007
I need a drop
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

Oh Man
YOU'RE ****ED
Old 10-23-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i swear ive seen this thread before somewhere... no u havnt done any damage ur fine.. chill
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

yeah i've done it before as well accidentally. its fine.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

amexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of light

haha my brother gets so mad at me, when i drive his car i always pull the e-brake, and drives with it on and forgets. he has an auto and i have a stick, so i always pull the e-brake.
but yeah man, your fine. i dont recommend it. lol but no worries
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

03blackcivic will become famous soon enough

U R fine
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

lol when i first got my car, i e braked it because i was parked on this hill so i totally forgot about it and i drove home with it on and i kept smashing the pedal thinking damn this civic is slow... lol the entire time i saw brake on my dash but thought my brakes were worn or something...
hahaha
Old 10-24-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

haha, reminds me of how my dad drove his brand new minivan home from the dealer after taking delivery. He had his e brake on for the 30 mile trip because he had never seen a foot-operated e brake, lol.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

nah...you aint got no worries bruh'
but seeing as were on this topic....
its funny cuz this customer had drove a mini van approx 130km with the damn e-brake on....after getting to his destination he called the rental agency and told them the brakes were stinking and smoking the entire trip, they had to roll the windows down to breath, bitch bitch bitch!
when the company found out what had happened the customer got a nice bill ontop of his credit card for the rental total.

thats a tard!
lmao!
Old 10-24-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you couldnt feel that it was slowing down the car, its prolly not gonna matter. when i have mine all the way up it barely keeps the car from moving at idle lol.
Old 10-24-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Dont listen to the armchair techs above! The ONLY way you will know if you did any damage is to pull the rear brake drums off and visually inspect the brakes!
Old 10-24-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

but thats too much work lol. wouldnt he be smelling burning brakes or something?
Old 10-24-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
but thats too much work lol. wouldnt he be smelling burning brakes or something?
you would think yes. but i deal with some pretty brain dead car owners ( not implying that he is ) every day and you would be surprised how stupid some people are when it comes to thier car. He really didnt post enough info to give a direct answer to his question. So the best is to recomend the safe thing to do being he COULD have done damage and it may not show itself for sometime.
Old 10-24-2007
Premium Member

btw, how often are the rear drums supposed to be replaced and is it expensive? ive never really looked into it. my car sees alot of brake use, but ive only changed front pads once at 20k miles, and now im at 60k miles. oh and changed the brake fluid after 3 yrs which is due again next year. brakes still feel fine, altho with worn out tires its much easier to skid to a stop lol.
Old 10-24-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

drum brake shoes go for a really long time from what I hear.. I heard to replace them once for every two times you replace the disk pads.

all I know is my ebrake needs to be in good working order for the snow, because I LOVE USING THE EBRAKE TO MAKE TURNS IN THE SNOW
Old 10-24-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

the only way to know is with a visual inspection. on an average car its 2-3 front brake jobs to 1 rear brake job. But some cars its not uncommon for the rear to wear out before the fronts. Hell even some cars i can tell you not only what end is common to wear out first or even what side on the rear but i can even predict which pad on that corner wears out first!
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

RedHonda00 is an unknown quantity at this point

it's fine, I reversed out of a driveway and drove for about 1 min going 45 and mine was fine
Old 10-26-2007
Registered!!

awang is an unknown quantity at this point

i visually inspected the brakes as tfnaaf said, and they appear fine. thanks for the help guys...

also, imo, it seems like the ebrake is indeed pretty weak on our 7th gens.
Old 10-26-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

you can re-adjust the ebrake cables to be tighter if you want. Its set kinda weak from the factory, so you dont mess up your brakes you do drive with the ebrake on.