Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here
View Poll Results: hyper black or bronze?
hyper black
38.46%
bronze
61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

hyper black or bronze?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice
hyper black or bronze?

So here's the deal. I was going to drop the extra cash on some gram lights but they been disncontinued at tirerack.com where I was planning to get them. Because of this, I have decided on the 5zigen FN01r-C. I will be ordering on next tuesday when I get paid. I haven't decided between the hyper black and the titanium bronze. I know that hyper black would look good but I can't help but wonder how sick the bronze could look on my rallye red coupe.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...oducts_id/9482

Whatever color I choose I will be gettting the skunk2 lugs and probably some Yokohama ES 100's. What do yall think?
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: hyper black or bronze?

Bronze ftw. black is getting played out, and "hyper black" just looks like gunmetal to me...
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

I think the broze could look cool... just not sure if I want to risk it and not like them once I get them on
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

225Em2 is an unknown quantity at this point

bronze
Old 05-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

seems like a reoccuring trend nowadays... go with the bronze
Old 05-21-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats a tough choice, i think both would look good on red
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

what tire size should I go with? 215/40 or 205/40
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

03TxCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

bronze look at my SIG. ohh and go with 215...wider FTW
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

your runnin 16's... aren't you?
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

if that question was directed to me, im on 15s and 205/55/15 is my tire size. i like the wider look, my other option was a 195/50 or 55, but since 205 worked with the rim that i have than i decided to go for it.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

wow... i'm retarded... i didn't even read your sig
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

I just added it after you asked me that question. I just thought I would clarify for future reference.
Old 05-21-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

215 For sure but you might want to consider 45 instead of 40 I have 40 on my 17's and at times the ride can be harsh.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

really... so I should go with the 45? I figured I would need the 40's cause I'm doing a drop as soon as I get the wheels on
Old 05-21-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinaibur
really... so I should go with the 45? I figured I would need the 40's cause I'm doing a drop as soon as I get the wheels on

Well this is my thought

I am talking through experiance I have had many cars lowered in the past on diff setups.

First of when you lower the ride it will become more stiff the 45 should still fit without rub even with a 2" drop

Second the 45 will eat up some of the wheel gap the suspension left behind.

Last but not least you will have better ride comfort without much diff in performance.

My next set of tires will be 215/45/17 for sure.

I use to think 40's were the way to go but have got sick of feeling every bump in the road.

But choose wisely tires are not cheep.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

I'm thinkin Yokohama ES100's
Old 05-21-2007

I'm thinkin Yokohama ES100's
Choosing a tire is tuff

I like Dunlop SP sport max for my next tire.

Currently I'm running Toyo Proxes 4 not a bad tire but I have had better.

Falken is a decent tire at a good price. (had them on my 200sx)

Also I have had Bridgstone Potenzas and let me tell you those are nice tires.

I have never had Yokohama but was thinking of getting the Paradas when I had my Audi A4.

Last edited by MURDOCK; 05-22-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

I like the Dunlop SP sport maxx too but I don't think I can run 225's on the rims I'm getting
Old 05-21-2007

I like the Dunlop SP sport maxx too but I don't think I can run 225's on the rims I'm getting
I checked it out on tire rack.com it seams that they do come in 215 but damn their not cheep like 140.00 each.
Old 05-22-2007
Registered!!

screw that... I'm diciding between...

Nitto NT NeoGen ZR
Falken FK 452
Yokohama AVID H4S

I'm leaning towards yokohama cause the teadlife is 500
Old 05-22-2007

screw that... I'm diciding between...

Nitto NT NeoGen ZR
Falken FK 452
Yokohama AVID H4S

I'm leaning towards yokohama cause the teadlife is 500
Falken makes nice tires I would go with the Falkens.
Old 05-22-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

man bronze fo sho...
Old 05-22-2007
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice

i have hyper black....

so get bronze

ROFL
Old 05-22-2007
Registered!!

I like the Falken's but isn't 300 kinda low for treadlife? how many miles is that? I just want tires that are going to last cause I don't have money to replace them all the time
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

After seeing this pic on honda-tech I'm really debating if I want the hyper black, these are gram lights but they are really really similar to what my car would look like.

They just look so good. I've seen some bronze that look good but you have to have the right color of bronze on the right red to make it look really clean. I dunno. What do yall think?
Old 05-23-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

black...cuz iono...bronz on a red car looks werid to me.
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

those rims do look mad clean, if you search the rallye red thread on this site, you can see theirs a few other rallye civics with bronze rims. Personally, I want to get the gram light 57c in bronze. Everyone puts gunmetal or hyper black on red cars, and I didn't feel like following the pack. Bronze is becoming more popular though, so eventually people will be putting gold or green or blue or whatever. Trends come and go. Heres the link to that thread I was talking about. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...your-pics.html

Last edited by 03TxCivic; 05-23-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

Good luck getting hold of some 57c's. I was litterally about to buy my 17" bronze 57c's a week ago at tirerack but they are out because gram lights has discontinued the 57c and 57s. I found them at vividracing.com where I'm getting my 5zigen's but they are damn near $400/rim. Save your money, lol.
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

well your right, it looks like the 57c is now a dinosaur, just like their other 5 spoke rims like the 57 pro. 6 spoke and 9 spoke is their new lineup. Those 57 optimise and 57 maximums are clean though. The T57-RC's are their only 5 spoke in Tire Rack, and those hoes are like 350 each.
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

yep... thats why I decided to go with the FN01r-C cause they look almost identical to the 57c's. The upside is that the 5zigen's are way cheaper and they weigh less.

Quick Reply: hyper black or bronze?