Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

5lug without a k-swap and with out custom axles!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetthrowback should not be trusted
5lug without a k-swap and with out custom axles!

hey guys, guess wa yup i did it with no swap and no custom axles, this goes out to all the heaters am talkin about boilmaker or w.e his name is cuase he shut me down when i was askin if it was possabile, thanks to my boy Franklyn V. in huntintin in long island for makin this possbile!! n hondaluver for tellin me to **** them and try it out and prove them wrong, well i did, i will be postin up pics of my car with the 5 lug setup!!!! in the front i used rsx base spindle and hub, and used my stock caipler b.c my stock pads are bigger then the rsx base break pads.... and in the rear i used rsx base spindle hub and cailper, so yup i love them omg breaks is crazy and yes it is well worth it!!!!!!!!

Last edited by streetthrowback; 03-14-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: updating pics
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
Re: 5lug without a k-swap and with out custom axles!

nice! how much did that run u?
and yes! pics please!
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

dust is an unknown quantity at this point

post up post up post up post up yea yeaaaaaaa
Old 05-06-2007

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice

you know i been telling people this but nobody wanted to try it... finally someone did it
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

nyte_rider is an unknown quantity at this point

did you have to weld the front axle to the spindle hub like the diy that was posted on here a while ago.
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

yea pics! ahaha
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

dizbstretch is an unknown quantity at this point

nice, i want to see man.. pix please
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

suscribed
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about

yeah sucks how boilermaker and hondalover didnt believe u. maybe they have somethign to say O_O (>.>) (<.<) *looks around* well post up pics!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tougEMII
yeah sucks how boilermaker and hondalover didnt believe u. maybe they have somethign to say O_O (>.>) (<.<) *looks around* well post up pics!!!!!!!!
nah boilermaker was the one who said i chouldnt but hondaluver said to try it out so i did, umm i have pics but dont know how to post them
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by nyte_rider
did you have to weld the front axle to the spindle hub like the diy that was posted on here a while ago.

nope no welding done the axle whent stright in, the only problem i have now is my abs and my break light turns on after like 5 min of driving so i dont know what i did wrong but my abs works tho
Old 05-06-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Ok, so I wasnt right. Oh well. What did you accomplish? absolutely nothing. You added weight to the car, since the 5 lug knuckles are heavier than the 4 luggers, and since the brakes are the same size, you actually made the car slower and picked up no stopping power. Um way to go? I never thought anyone would actually bother wasting money with base brakes, there's no point in doing it.... the Type S brakes, which are an advantageous upgrade (11.8" rotors), don't fit because of spline differences, as has been well documented by those who have done it by various means.
Old 05-06-2007
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

bout time someone did it!!! No one gave me a straight answer....props to u sir!!
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Ok, so I wasnt right. Oh well. What did you accomplish? absolutely nothing. You added weight to the car, since the 5 lug knuckles are heavier than the 4 luggers, and since the brakes are the same size, you actually made the car slower and picked up no stopping power. Um way to go? I never thought anyone would actually bother wasting money with base brakes, there's no point in doing it.... the Type S brakes, which are an advantageous upgrade (11.8" rotors), don't fit because of spline differences, as has been well documented by those who have done it by various means.
Most ppl don't care about a lil extra weight. Plus some prefer the look of 5 lug of 4 and more wheel options.
Old 05-06-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by streetthrowback
hey guys, guess wa yup i did it with no swap and no custom axles, this goes out to all the heaters am talkin about boilmaker or w.e his name is cuase he shut me down when i was askin if it was possabile, thanks to my boy Franklyn V. in huntintin in long island for makin this possbile!! n hondaluver for tellin me to **** them and try it out and prove them wrong, well i did, i will be postin up pics of my car with the 5 lug setup!!!! in the front i used rsx base spindle and hub, and used my stock caipler b.c my stock pads are bigger then the rsx base break pads.... and in the rear i used rsx base spindle hub and cailper, so yup i love them omg breaks is crazy and yes it is well worth it!!!!!!!!
Translation:

Hello guys. What is going on? Well, I finally did it. I made the 4 lug to 5 lug swap without needing a swap nor custom axles. This goes out to all the people who didn't believe in me. Boilermaker, I believe was his name, stated that I would not be able to do this. Well, I did, and he was wrong. I would like to thank Franklyn V. over in Huntington, Long Island for making this all possible for me. I would also like to thank hondaluver who took the time to believe in me and told me to give it a shot anyways. Well, I did. In a short while, I will be posting the pictures of my 5 lug conversion. In the front, I used the base model RSX spindle and hub, and I used my stock caliper due to the fact that they are the exact same size as the RSX' brakes. For the rear, I used the base model RSX spindle, hub, and caliper. I guess the brakes are a little better than before and it was well worth the time. Thank you for your time.

Why cant people make sense when they post?
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough

so all this for base brakes? umm thats coo....at least your 5 lug now....but the wirte up i did for the types brakes required welding of the axles or custom axles. base brakes wasnt really a idea of mine to install(since they were the same size as stock civic brakes) but props to you. good **** oh and in for pics.
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point

^lol, so how much did this setup run you?
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by spoonEM
Translation:

Hello guys. What is going on? Well, I finally did it. I made the 4 lug to 5 lug swap without needing a swap nor custom axles. This goes out to all the people who didn't believe in me. Boilermaker, I believe was his name, stated that I would not be able to do this. Well, I did, and he was wrong. I would like to thank Franklyn V. over in Huntington, Long Island for making this all possible for me. I would also like to thank hondaluver who took the time to believe in me and told me to give it a shot anyways. Well, I did. In a short while, I will be posting the pictures of my 5 lug conversion. In the front, I used the base model RSX spindle and hub, and I used my stock caliper due to the fact that they are the exact same size as the RSX' brakes. For the rear, I used the base model RSX spindle, hub, and caliper. I guess the brakes are a little better than before and it was well worth the time. Thank you for your time.

looooooooooooooooooooooooool +1 for u hahahahahha
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by spoonEM
Translation:

EXCITEMENT?
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

SilverCivic504 is an unknown quantity at this point

this doode is funny
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

^^^ i dont get y ppl have to be such a hardass?! im sure he did the swap mostly for looks neways. thats y many ppl mod their cars in the first place...for looks not for performance
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Honda2k4
you talking to me? if so umm i spent about $500 for everything(types brakes, steering knuckles, axles, yada yada yada.....)
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

a lil wieght lol ur funny, and yes u where wrong i told u rsx base not type-s, and the brake pads from my stock civic ex 03 are bigger then the rsx base 03, so i their for yes u where wrong, and we all know the type-s whont work b.c type-s are 36mm and the rsx base are 32mm, some people just want to have the 5 lug and look sexy, some others like u like to hate, so what my car gained weight lol
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Honda2k4
my swap costed me 200 o and by the way boilermaker or w.e ur name is i love my breaks their better, i guess my rear breaks did help me after all
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by metalviper
^^^ i dont get y ppl have to be such a hardass?! im sure he did the swap mostly for looks neways. thats y many ppl mod their cars in the first place...for looks not for performance

b.c people like to hate and just say no when things are possible but noooo
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

the only things is that i need help with my abs and brake light i dont know y they are on after like 5 min of driving??????????? can some one help me thanks in adv.
Old 05-07-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough

wow alot of hate. lol. but boilermaker i dont think u have a right to still be an *** about this. how much weight did he really gain? a few pounds at most, and unless hes going all out drag then a few pounds isnt gonna change how fast you are gonna go in a CIVIC! chill man.
Old 05-07-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough

but way to go man, good job on not letting people shut you down and doing what YOU wanted to do and have your car the way YOU want it and not the way boiler maker wanted it.
Old 05-07-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Props for doing something different! now lets see those pics lol
Old 05-07-2007
Registered!!

can someone tell me how do i post pics on here??????????

Quick Reply: 5lug without a k-swap and with out custom axles!