Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

More brake problems: 2003 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More brake problems: 2003 Honda Civic

ok, dont take my word for it. think about it logically. why would you want to push the master cyl piston to the bottom of the bore where all the contaminants and oxidation is?
Old 04-30-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

makes sense to me, sometimes you gotta do some thinking and not blindly follow procedure. that almost got me in trouble a couple times.
Old 04-30-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

im not tryint to stir Sh*t with your co-workers and teachers im just stating what I've been taught and makes sense to me. I'll see if i can find a mutually agreeable source that states the proper technique
Old 04-30-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

i know, this is what ive been taught and whats on the ASE exams and those tests are correct....im sure everywhere we look they are gonna say different things so i say we put this to rest
Old 04-30-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

Well im not one to just drop things.........

It appears that both companies adopted the SAME procedure..

http://www.advanceautoparts.com/engl...20011001bb.asp

For the actual 2-person blood-letting, The Pumper begins by slowly and steadily applying pressure to the brake pedal while The Dumper opens the bleeder. This forces fluid through the system. The Pumper alerts The Dumper to close the bleeder before the end of the pedal stroke to avoid damaging the master cylinder. The cycle continues until no more air bubbles are visible in the tubing and bottle. Remember to top off the master cylinder after every few pumps and dumps. Keep the lids on both the master and brake-fluid bottle to minimize sloshing and the opportunity for air to invade the fluid.
http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/art...=ccr20011001bb

For the actual 2-person blood-letting, The Pumper begins by slowly and steadily applying pressure to the brake pedal while The Dumper opens the bleeder. This forces fluid through the system. The Pumper alerts The Dumper to close the bleeder before the end of the pedal stroke to avoid damaging the master cylinder.