Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Nitto Invo tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Nitto Invo tires

it seems that these tires are relatively new ... has anyone tried them? ...

Nitto states that the Invo is their flagship tire ... the price is also nearly identical to their NT555 tire

the tread pattern looks pretty badass ... but I'm gonna assume that it's more of a form over function type of thing.

I'm at the wear bar on my current tires ... I thought about getting the same ones ... except my current tires [michelin pilot sport 2's] are ~$190 a pop from tirerack ... X(

the invos are only ~$121 each ... plus, the treadwear is 260 vs michelin's 220 ... yes I know that treadwear ratings differ from company to company, but still ...
Old 10-25-2006
TAQUITOS!!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
Have you considered the Kuhmo SPT? HT tire guru's compare it to the ES100. I'm not sure if you're looking for a summer tire, but I have the SPT for my DD and I love them. Pretty cheap too (for the 205/50/15) compared to some other performance tires.

I haven't had any experience with Nitto tires, but from what I hear, they are good tires as well.

Just something to consider
Old 10-25-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
havn't heard of these new nittos yet. However, nitto is a great brand and I always here positive things about them.
Old 10-25-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
lol yoko es100's are trash

I'm basically looking for a maximum grip summer tire that I won't go through in 2 months. the michelins are GREAT ... I just cannot justify spending that much money on these tires anymore, now that my interest in cars have waned. I just want something that will last a little longer, be a little cheaper ... even if it means the sacrifice of a bit of traction ... [since I really don't race anymore]
Old 10-25-2006
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
hehe... well.... if you really want them, i have a friend that works there under the president. :P if you ask real nicely.... and maybe help me with a k20 swap sometimes in the future????? hahah, jp, i'll hook it up sponcer price... which is i think 40% off i assume 80 each (tax) w/discount. doing this cuz you're OG, respect your elders! haha PM me if you seriously want them.
Old 10-25-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah if you want a great running tire go with te Michelin pilot exalto 2, i got the BFG gforce now, but i might go them next!
Old 10-25-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Yea, those tires must be pretty new cuz ive never heard of them either...but right now im runnin 205/50/16 Nitto Neogens and theyre pretty good tires. Only thing that sucks bout these is that theyre summer tires only so thats why i have to switch back to steelies this weekend before it snows around here...ive already hydroplaned doing 70 because ive worn my tires to slicks and luckily didnt hit anything...but these tires last a very long time and im very happy with the handling that these give me...
Old 10-25-2006
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
Falken

buy the falken ziex. i work at big o, and brand new retail about 110 and they are hands down the best tire on the market right now. and with a 60,000 mile life, who can argue? let me know if u want any info.
Old 10-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

sorry guys ... falken ziex and nitto neogens will not get me anywhere close to the traction that I need ... trust me. They are great for daily driving ... but wheel spin is a big issue .. even with LSD.

04civic07 ... you've been pm'ed ;P
Old 10-27-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ Don't know whats good with your power, my neo gens are the ****, We also tried the kumho ast i believe on a friends hatch with gsr highly modified they did good for the price they are. If you run the invos let me know how they do cause i was also curious when i saw them
Old 10-27-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
looks kinda like my azenis...my azenis have 200 treadwear hehe...im almost at the wearbar too...but i love those tires too much to change
Old 10-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by Michalo187
^^^ Don't know whats good with your power, my neo gens are the ****, We also tried the kumho ast i believe on a friends hatch with gsr highly modified they did good for the price they are. If you run the invos let me know how they do cause i was also curious when i saw them
I don't think neogens are really high performance based ... but that's just my opinion.

I had the sf turbo on my d17 ... basically stock everything ... running at 7 psi ... but for some reason, it was really fast for what it was [went even on a roll w/ stock sti's, 2x even w/ e46 m3 on the fwy up to 120 .. stopped after that, etc] ... I had goodyear eagle f1 gsd3's on there ... they rarely ever lost traction ... I also had a stock clutch though ... but still ...

however, when I used the goodyear tires on my k20a ... 1st gear was useless when vtec engaged ... and that was when my only mod was an injen cai.

what is my point? ... I guess I'd say that I don't think neo gens, yoko es100, falken ziex's, kumho tires [other than mx's] would satisfy me ...

drivetofast used to have yoko es100's on his s/c k20a3 ... he was making ~10-20 less whp than I was, yet his 1st gear on those tires was still pretty useless after ~5000 rpm.
Old 10-27-2006
Registered!!

civic-king is an unknown quantity at this point
i wanted these tires. if you go to the website, you'll find that the smallest tread width these come in is 225. i don't think that will give you the turning radius that you need....without rubbing or having to roll your fenders. i wanted to try these too.
Old 10-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

I'm running 225/45/17 michelins right now. rolled fenders ... fits fine.
Old 10-27-2006
Registered!!

03TxCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I am currently on BFG G-Force sports. I've driven maybe about 1500 miles on em since I got em. Good tires, even in rain. A Bit noisy but I can deal. They probably arent going to give you the cornering you need like you said above about the Nitto's and Falken's. I wanted to get BFG T/A KDW2's but they were a bit pricy..I keep hearing that they are excellent tires. The guy at discount tire said he is on his second set (hes a wrx owner) and most reviews on this tire are mostly positive. Good luck with your next purchase.
Old 10-27-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
how about nexen? i am thinking about these for the next set of tires...

anyone?
Old 10-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

for a non heavily modified 7thgen, falken ziex's are probably the best bang for the buck
Old 10-27-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted to get BFG T/A KDW2's but they were a bit pricy..I keep hearing that they are excellent tires
i can vouch for that... for turn and mainly all i do with them... put them to any turn max... and i love them. i'd buy them again. i work at discount tire and i got them hella cheap. i will get some 225/45/16 prolly next tho! i hope they wont rub, and btw
Aznsurfboy: you car lowered, no rubbing? so you think theyll fit fine on 16's?
Old 10-28-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

my car is lowered ... I'd say about 1-1.5 inches or so ... I don't know, I really didn't check. I got my megan coilovers and just threw them on without adjusting height much haha.

but yeah... my black plastic inner fender wells are non-existant ... they've been rubbed through all the way. other than that, it's fine ...