Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

215/40/18 or 225/40/18

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topsecretjapan is an unknown quantity at this point
215/40/18 or 225/40/18

Im dropping my 02 EX coupe 1 inch with a prokit, is there really that much of a difference in the tires?
Old 05-17-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
225 is going to be to wide
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
215/40/18 this post is a free post
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

too wide as in it will rub or what? my only other choice is a 215/35/40 but then i might have too much wheel gap. i dont wanna drop anymore than an inch
Old 05-17-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
they will rub. even on ocassion 215 will rub. most people on the site are running 205's.
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
here's 225/40/18 + 40 offset 7.5" rims + Prokit + rear camber kit on mine

steering wheel turns still full either way.
wheels do not stick out farther than the fenders.
only scraped on the fender lip when there was a dip on the highway, at 45+ mph

they fill up the gap really nicely. have fun
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

off the subject, how do your like your prokit? i almost went sportline but i figured it would be a little too low for my liking
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
they were good. did not sag, and a little stiff but not bouncy

sportlines would be a little close for 225/40 i think even though only half inch difference
Old 05-17-2006
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
215/40/18. its a tight fit haha.

^ you mean most people run 205/40/18s? or 35s? i just did a quick search and only found 2 tires that make that size and they're $200 and $260 each!
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

do they scrape all the time or was it a one time thing?
Old 05-17-2006

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
me? well i can tell you this. when im driving normall its fine. maybe a little bouncy in the turns, but thats it. when im driving...shall we say more spirited...i can hear either 1 of 2 things (im not sure whats actually causing the noise) its either the shock compressing all the way - "bottoming out." or its the tire scraping the inner fender wall as the body leans. the sound comes from the front, outside corner. (if i make a fast right hand turn, the driver side scrapes, fast left hand turn the passenger side scrapes.)

at first i thought it was the shock - but then i listened more carefully and it sounds exactly as it did when i first dropped my car and the rears were rubbing because i didn't have a camber kit on. im not sure. either way - ive been thinking heavily about getting Eibach Prokit springs.
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manthatguysfast
ive been thinking heavily about getting Eibach Prokit springs.

what springs are on it now??
Old 05-17-2006

neuspeed sports
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

how far of a drop did you have with those? im not looking to be slammed, just a nice look without gap thats why im doing the prokit
Old 05-17-2006

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=70

that was about last summer i believe. the rear is tucking now though. honestly - that red vic some1 posted above looks hot! and you wont have to worry about the problems that come with a lowered car as much. i think i made up my mind after seeing that ^ vic that im going to go with the prokit
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
^^ im running 215/40/18 with my fn01rcs......(5zigen) and i was dropped on tokicos and tein s.techs....wit hclose to a 1.5 all around. now im on d2 full coilovers like about 2.25 all around and i dont rub at all!! im thinking about getting 225s and rolling my fenders.....so yea...need pics? lemme know
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

civic_newbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Mr_Fobster what offset do u have, and how are the D2 coilovers? I was thinking about getting them but can't find many reviews.
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by civic_newbie
Mr_Fobster what offset do u have, and how are the D2 coilovers? I was thinking about getting them but can't find many reviews.

i have a +43 offset
with the d2s man...they handle like a CHAMP!! waiting for my front and rear progress sway bars....and then my body roll will be reduced significantly.

with just the d2s alone my car is stiff...these arent meant for daily driving....but it has made my car very stiff......if i stand on the rad support in the engine bay of my car and try to jounce the car it practically doesnt do anything....maybe alittle bounce....but i have to say again, the car with this suspension(d2 full coilovers with upper camber plates and pillowball mounts) makes the car pretty stiff.

i still need to play around with the dampening settings so yea......

but i am planning to do 225s with my current setup...just need to roll the fenders for it to work.