Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Hawk vs. EBC

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosting is an unknown quantity at this point
Hawk vs. EBC

Trying to decide between the HPS and the Green Stuff for the DD. I read where HPS is better but has a lot of dust, where EBC doesnt. How much dust does the HPS generate? I dont want to have to wash the car every week due to the brake dust. I found alot of info on HPS but I havent found many people who use EBC. Anyone had experience with both?
Old 05-10-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
I have the HPS and have little dust and 0 noise. I love them, and would buy them again.
Old 05-10-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
I've been hearing people on here and reading that people who buy the EBC products end up with pad debris, and very short life and lots of pad glaze....

if it's the daily driver (DD) then get some honda pads...
Old 05-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Greenshit has got to be one of the most unanimously voted garbage pads in the history of brake pads. They glaze, they dust they make noise and worst of all, they don't seem to stop too well.
Buy the Hawks, they make a little bit of a mess, but they stop too.
Search for Hawk, search for EBC or Greenstuff... a lot of people have used both, and there's a reason they don't have green **** anymore.
Old 05-14-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Greenshit has got to be one of the most unanimously voted garbage pads in the history of brake pads. They glaze, they dust they make noise and worst of all, they don't seem to stop too well.
Buy the Hawks, they make a little bit of a mess, but they stop too.
Search for Hawk, search for EBC or Greenstuff... a lot of people have used both, and there's a reason they don't have green **** anymore.
Of course all the stuff about greenshit was posted "after" I bought them!
Anyway, I have no problem with them stoping,makeing noise, ect ,And no dust-just some slimey black stuff allover wheels
Old 05-18-2006

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
hawk may be dusty... but they sure stop.. especially with my new slotted/dimpled rotors.. lol