Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Does the dealer have master keys for wheel locks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nyyanks81 will become famous soon enoughnyyanks81 will become famous soon enough
Does the dealer have master keys for wheel locks?

I took my car in @ the Honda dealer for the state inspection and on the report it says that the wheels were removed to check the brakes.

I have Mcgard wheel locks on my wheels and am wondering if the dealer has a set of keys they used to take them off?

They didn't ask me for the wheel lock key when I bought it in.
Old 03-05-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
do you have it in your glove box or something? cause they will check in their for it
Old 03-05-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
anyone can buy wheel locks, you can get them at a local auto store, especially the dealer.....yankee's suck
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

nyyanks81 will become famous soon enoughnyyanks81 will become famous soon enough
I have my wheel lock key kept in the took kit bag where the spare tire is.

I mean do they really go hunting in your car for the key?
Old 03-05-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Whether they checked it or "checked it" is 2 different things. Catch my drift?
To my knowledge, locks don't have a master, all the patterns are different. I suppose if you had the Honda branded Mcgards they may have a key, but its unlikely they even took a wheel off and looked.
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um each wheel lock set is supposed to have its own key. Mine is well hidden so if they dont ask for it, I know they didn't do the work.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

Mine are Honda Mcgard wheel locks
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya so are mine and all other honda oem wheel locks. there is only one lock per kit so if you lose it, you gotta buy a whole new set (happened to me when sams club forgot to put one of the locking lugs on and when i came back they couldn't find it. idiots. so yea there is a good chance they didn't remove the wheel and if they did, it should be evident when you look at the lock and its all torn into pieces.
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
The dealers have a set of keys for the oem locks. They look nothing like the one you get with a kit. I should also add there are only about a dozen or so different patterns for Honda.
Old 03-06-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
They probably didn't check ****
Old 03-06-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
you know, their could only be so many patterns for wheel locks, there is a good chance if you lined up every car in your state with a set of locks, you could possibly unlock someone elses wheels. i know in my old car, opened someons door, started the car then relized that it wasnt my car when i looked and it was an auto not a manual. thats one of the main reasons cars now have immobleizers in them with a chip, cause now 2 things have to match.
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by tacheon
The dealers have a set of keys for the oem locks. They look nothing like the one you get with a kit. I should also add there are only about a dozen or so different patterns for Honda.
No! Show some proof?
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pon55
No! Show some proof?
Why do you make offensive and obscure remarks like that? I've seen the set of keys myself. The keys are longer and are L-shaped with key codes on them. They're in a tray which the dealer has in the shop. STRAIGHT OFF MCGARD SITE http://www.mcgard.com/about/manufacturing.asp

Dealerships
McGard's computerized dealer registration program provides easy access to information and prompt service for your customer's car. Our Master Key Set program allows dealerships to service a vehicle when the customer's key is not available. Each dealership is provided with a dealer service folder for quick and easy ordering of replacement parts. We also offer e-mail, toll-free phone numbers and fax lines for convenient access to our full-service support staff.
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by tacheon
Why do you make offensive and obscure remarks like that? I've seen the set of keys myself. The keys are longer and are L-shaped with key codes on them. They're in a tray which the dealer has in the shop. STRAIGHT OFF MCGARD SITE http://www.mcgard.com/about/manufacturing.asp

Dealerships
McGard's computerized dealer registration program provides easy access to information and prompt service for your customer's car. Our Master Key Set program allows dealerships to service a vehicle when the customer's key is not available. Each dealership is provided with a dealer service folder for quick and easy ordering of replacement parts. We also offer e-mail, toll-free phone numbers and fax lines for convenient access to our full-service support staff.
BOTH the local dealers have said the "master keys" don't work most of the time!
(and i love being offensive and obscure)
You are correct
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pon55
BOTH the local dealers have said the "master keys" don't work most of the time!
(and i love being offensive and obscure)
You are correct
Your response to being proven wrong is to say that the things you previously denied the existance of don't work most of the time?!?
Old 03-06-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
I worked as a driver for a huge company one time and they needed a key so they had me go over to some corner auto mechanic shop and ask to borrow one. This shop gave it to me no questions asked and I brought it back later.
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by juanotejano
Your response to being proven wrong is to say that the things you previously denied the existance of don't work most of the time?!?
My first post was not clear, I was denieing the existance of a working set of master keys! my bad
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by juanotejano
Arrogance breeds ignorance. If he doesn't see the faulty logic in his statements, then I guess he is pretty hopeless.
Old 03-06-2006
Premium Member

ya sorry the four dealers I've been to don't have the keys and have always asked where mine is. They had to call me once cause they couldn't get it off with their so-called kit. I've also seen wheel lock keys on ebay for cheap (like 100 set of em).
Old 03-11-2006
Registered!!

Acura_mm is an unknown quantity at this point
i work for honda dealership in canada and there are master sets of wheel lock there are 10 diferent keys and thay look the same as the rest and we have never had a problem with fitment
Old 03-11-2006
Registered!!

tommyhoang_ta is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Acura_mm
i work for honda dealership in canada and there are master sets of wheel lock there are 10 diferent keys and thay look the same as the rest and we have never had a problem with fitment
Correct! samething as Lexus dealer. I had lost wheel lock key of my RX300 and i have to order a new none. The dealer have 12 different keys and they marked them by colors. My RX300 was yellow so they went and odered the yellow key for me. BTW all keys dont look the same, they always different.