Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Motegi Racing Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Motegi Racing Wheels

So I've been looking at some Motegi racing wheels (the traklite's) and they're gonna run, I believe, $275 a wheel or so and they are 14 lbs for the 17" version. I think this is the best wheel for me--I want go over show for sure. Does anyone know of better wheels, or does everyone concur with these specs, as far as being a bad-*** wheel?
Old 01-25-2006
Registered!!

L23Tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow! I looked them up because I didn't think that Motegi made any lightweight wheels. Their website shows the 17" Tracklites at 14lbs, you're right! It says they are one piece forged.

Volk Racing Wheels also have Forged wheels, but they weight 15 lbs.

Could these Wheels be comparable to Volks?! I thought Volk Racing was the most praised wheels in the industry?!
Old 01-25-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
if you want go, buy 15s.

Could these Wheels be comparable to Volks?! I thought Volk Racing was the most praised wheels in the industry?
While Ray's Eng. Does make some fantastic wheels, a lot of it is ricer hype about them being japanese and they used to be a lot harder to get than they are now. There's better wheels out there for sure, but rays has the marketing ability to be quite popular with the crowd and deliver very strong, light wheels.
Old 01-25-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EXsmellsbetter
So I've been looking at some Motegi racing wheels (the traklite's) and they're gonna run, I believe, $275 a wheel or so and they are 14 lbs for the 17" version. I think this is the best wheel for me--I want go over show for sure. Does anyone know of better wheels, or does everyone concur with these specs, as far as being a bad-*** wheel?
What do you mean better wheel? Better looking wheel? If so then i know plenty. Bad *** wheel? I dunno. If you want "GO" then get 16" or below. Oh and also if you want "GO" then invest in a swap or a turbo....otherwise give up
Old 01-25-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
ew, motegis; but dang 275 is freakin expensive when you can get better rims like 5zigen fn01r-c's for loads cheaper; jus imo
Old 01-26-2006
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=genexrocket]ew, motegis; but dang 275 is freakin expensive when you can get better rims like 5zigen fn01r-c's for loads cheaper; jus imo[/QUOTE

I would agree on most of the Motegis but the Trak Lites are forged and that usually costs considerably more. It would probably be more comparable to the Becketts FN-01R in 5Zigen.

If you want forged wheels for a more reasonable price you can look at Centerline, but their styles are not always the greatest. Regardless, Boilermaker and that other dude are right - if you want "GO", you need smaller than 17s.
Old 01-27-2006

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
I NEED 17s, like I need air. So, as far as 17s go, I think that's the best bet. I will look into Volk and 5Zigen, though.
Old 04-05-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Motegi Racing Wheels

i like the Traklite's aswell. i'm thinking of getting 17" Traklite 2.0's for my Si. black with machined polished lip = NICE
Old 04-05-2007

Originally Posted by Johnold
i like the Traklite's aswell. i'm thinking of getting 17" Traklite 2.0's for my Si. black with machined polished lip = NICE
Oh yeah. Those are totally sweet wheels. I think ebay has them for about as good a price as you can get unless you have some super-sweet hook-ups.
Old 04-05-2007
Registered!!

i wonder what the bolt pattern is for an 07 Si. i was thinking of those cause they're light weight and strong. i know that Motegi has gotten it's fair share of "down talkings" but it's gotten WAY better since then. these Traklite's are NICE!, i know that i'm not about to pay 460 dollars for 1 (each) wheel for something like "VOLK"....HELL NO!. i figure, i'll buy the Traklite 2.0's cause they're supposed to be strong and light which is the same thing you get when buying VOLK's. i don't mind spending 1500 dollars on JUST wheels if i have to. thats SURELY better than 2500 dollars!. i think the Traklite 2.0's FTW.
Old 04-06-2007

For sure. I saw some 17"s on ebay for my car for 1000 even.
Old 04-06-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

this thread is a year old
Old 04-06-2007
Registered!!

yes it's old but it's being re-opened for the talk about the Motegi Traklite 2.0's. i like those rims ALOT!.
Old 04-06-2007

Originally Posted by mrtrinh
this thread is a year old
Yeah, I started it and I'm still posting on it. I have no life lol.