Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

all season tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kiluminati001 is an unknown quantity at this point
all season tires

what are the best all season tires for my 17" wheels. currently i have yokohama's performance. also, im in new york and drive my car everywhere. i currently have 205/17/40. what size would u recomment considering roads and snow season here (i just moved to nyc a coupla months ago so have no idea how the snow season is).

any advise much appreciated.

thanks
Old 11-07-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
There's no such thing as a best.
But if you don;t care how much they are, Bridgestone RE950s are about as good as you're going to do. Thats not to say that an honest to goodness snow tire wouldn't be a better choice, saving the 17s for summer duty.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
bf goodrich traction t/a are also good...not sure if they make them in that size though.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Goatboy is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...jsp?type=UHPAS
I have Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, much better in the wet than my old Yokohama AVS es100.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

kiluminati001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Goatboy
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...jsp?type=UHPAS
I have Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, much better in the wet than my old Yokohama AVS es100.
I also have the Yokohama AVS es100 right now. What size do you have of the Pirellis PZero. Is Tire Rack the best place to buy 'em?
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
i just bought some bridgestone potenzas g009's for my wheels. not sure if they come in the 17's but check tire rack. there suppose to be real good all season tires. the re950s i do believe are summer high performance tires. id go with a 215/45/17 considering ur in ny and the snow, its better to have more tire.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

aoar is an unknown quantity at this point
nyc winters arent bad at all.. Theres maybe 2 storms worth nothing the entire winter. They do a good job plowing the major roads.. if u live on smaller one way street, ull just have to learn to park on the left side of the road as all the plows push all the snow to the right. imo.. id be more concered about the potholes and cracks..
Old 11-09-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by slicksivik
i just bought some bridgestone potenzas g009's for my wheels. not sure if they come in the 17's but check tire rack. there suppose to be real good all season tires. the re950s i do believe are summer high performance tires. id go with a 215/45/17 considering ur in ny and the snow, its better to have more tire.
RE950s are "high performance" all seasons. That category is the biggest oxymoron, but thats what they call it.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by aoar
nyc winters arent bad at all.. Theres maybe 2 storms worth nothing the entire winter. They do a good job plowing the major roads.. if u live on smaller one way street, ull just have to learn to park on the left side of the road as all the plows push all the snow to the right. imo.. id be more concered about the potholes and cracks..
you ****
nyc potholes can swallow a whole civic!
got to www.urbanracer.com and in the classified you can find cheap winter rims w/tires.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

Manick is an unknown quantity at this point
I had some old Falken Azenis Sport's I rode on the public street awhile back, then I moved on to some Yokohama Parada Spec 2's for all-season and they make a huge difference on wet roads, and makes the ride alot smoother. Granted, its not a very fair comparison, but they were the first all-season tire's I've ever owned and so far they have not disappointed me. The Azenis Sport's are just monsters on dry pavement though, but are more made for the track.
Old 11-09-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Paradas aren;t AS tires. They're straight up summer tires. You may have used them in the winter, but don't spread mis-information labeling them as all seasons. It just confuses the hell out of people.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

Manick is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I had a brainfart moment... I couldn't quite remember what they were because I was looking at getting just about any performance tire that was recommended for me.
Old 11-10-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I've had good experiances with Continental ContiExtremeContact's.... Handled rain, light snow, and every thing else I could throw at them... They even gripped the dry decently (you need a good amount of negitive camber to counter act the softer sidewalls if you really want to push the car) BUT! they are not race tires! and the shoulder tread will want to chunk if you get them too hot. (Dont bother with them if you plan on racing) I have autocrossed on them... and I'd have to say, 400 Tread wear all seasons (Ultra high performance or not) should NEVER be use for compitition.
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

jeremys is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got the michelin hydroedge and I love them! Not sure if they are in your size, but they offer great performance, wear, and a cool tread pattern!
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

kismylx will become famous soon enough
Smile

Nokiantyres.com are really good the best for the winter nokian wr's are excellent these are eurpean tires I think these would be your best choice.
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

Goatboy is an unknown quantity at this point
204/45/16. I have also had Parada Spec 2 and the older Parada, and I have to say the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S are a better tire.