Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

humming noise from left rear tire????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy humming noise from left rear tire????

my left rear tire just begain humming. I don't think that it is a wheel bearing the car is to new. Could it be a busted belt in the tire??? The tires are yokohama parada with around 5k on them. What else could it be???
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
rotate the tires. If the noise moves, then the problem is in that tire. If it stays, then it is in the bearing.
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
are you lowered? i had paradas on my 96 civic and on my current 02 civic. the slightest bit of negative camber causes them to wear unevenly. the noise only got worse so i switched to the toyo proxes 4's. the parada is a great tire but that tread pattern does not work well with negative camber.
Old 11-27-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HondaSales
are you lowered? i had paradas on my 96 civic and on my current 02 civic. the slightest bit of negative camber causes them to wear unevenly. the noise only got worse so i switched to the toyo proxes 4's. the parada is a great tire but that tread pattern does not work well with negative camber.
yeah that is most likley the problem. I have neg camber, but why just the rear left tire???
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
don't know why but that happened to me with two different sets of paradas on two different civics. i will never buy those tires again. i have a brand new set of 215/40-18's in my basement that i will never use because of that noise. they will probably be fine with correct camber. anyway, i couldn't be happier with my new toyos.