Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

What's A Good Drop For Some 18's

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
What's A Good Drop For Some 18's

Hey guys I just bought some tires for my rims size 215/35-18 and I dont want no gap on my ride what would be a good drop and springs for my car? I was thinking of getting Neuspeed race spring's but I dont know. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
a good drop for some 15s, 16s, 17s, 18s and 19s is no less then 3 inches
Old 11-16-2004
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO
a good drop for some 15s, 16s, 17s, 18s and 19s is no less then 3 inches
hah damn.. 3+ would look good, but I dont mind my 1.5 w/ Sportlines.. my back tucks from the weight of my subs so my 1.5 drop is enuf..

Sportlines & Tokicos
Old 11-16-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shmik1
hah damn.. 3+ would look good, but I dont mind my 1.5 w/ Sportlines.. my back tucks from the weight of my subs so my 1.5 drop is enuf..

Sportlines & Tokicos
sportlines all the way!
Old 11-16-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
a good drop IMO is tuckin....but for what your asking Neuspeed would be cool but doesn't really look all that low to me. Maybe sprint....?
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
goldline. 1.75 to a nice 2 inches and broken in
Old 11-17-2004

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
what about some skunk2 coilovers would they be good?
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
i had skunk2 coilovers on my ek civic and the thing was so shity. thing bounced and all that crap. now i have springs and i would never go back to a coilover setup unless it was tein. i had 18's on my car with my 2 inch drop after settle and i cracked a 3 rims...
Old 11-17-2004

what about skunk2 springs they are 2" low sometimes more.
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PRICIVIC911
what about skunk2 springs they are 2" low sometimes more.
ive heard more about the coilovers then the springs and i don't know of anyone on here that may have em.
Old 11-17-2004

but do you think 2inches is a good drop?
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member

but do you think 2inches is a good drop?

do i ? yes...i would go lower....but 2 inches is fine.
Old 11-17-2004

which springs go lower then 2 inches?
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member

which springs go lower then 2 inches?
ummm yea
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/fa...aq_susp_faq_q2
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

i have a 2 inch drop. and i scrape and i cant have anyone in the back seat..just me and a passanger.freakin sparrks fly from exhuast.
Old 11-17-2004
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
SLAM THAT ISH !!! when i had my 01, i used to get my forearm stuck under the front end if i dropped a bolt to the ground while under the hood.

just be careful when u drive, thats all. i ran the hayame coilovers, so if i ever felt like i was in a jam, i could have just raised it up
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

VietScouty is an unknown quantity at this point
I recommend you leave a finger gap unless you want it to continue rubbing against your inner fender well and take wider turns. I think 1.5 to 1.75 is good enough.
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

civic21 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude im my opinion a good drop is when u turn and your tire rubs the wheel well. hehe
Old 11-22-2004
Every predator is someone elses prey!

04RedCiVP is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently had my hayames at a ~2.5" drop with 215/45/17 and I was tucking....I then tested out a set of 215/35/18 and had a one finger gap.....