Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Listen up everyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rijowysock will become famous soon enough
Listen up everyone

i have recently had the pleasure of visiting over 35 wheel companies and warehouses and i have found out that the following is true this goes along with my previous statement that RH EVO SUCK!

all wheels that are made like adr, RH evo, ace, edge, flik, axis, etc etc etc etc are made in thailand/china. they are all made in the same factory and they are sold off to companies....

lets just say konig sees a wheel and their like heyyyy. they offer the company a certain amount(very cheap) to purcahse the wheels and be a sole distributor. now later on when they say ehhh these arent selling they let go of their "sole distib ness" and then the china/thailand company can sell to anyone thus in the case of konig prophet being sold as katana and other names.., their all pretty much the same wheels. in the case of RH evo they are not affiliated w/ RH and they are **** rims.. now some rims are better i must admist that RH evo/konig and very few others are nicer than the others like ADR they are made special for theuir companies(when they assume sole distrib ness they pay more and then they pay employees more and thrn the rims turnb out nicer.. so ADR is **** and other companies below them are shittier ****..

Real RH, volk, and other nicer wheels are made in japan and are made to good qualifications only shitty think is that RH wheels are not 3 peice (round STock, bolt lineup, spokes..) tyhey are 2 peice (round stock welded to spokes) this makes a semi stringer rim but makes it alot alot alot heavier than conventional one peice rims. the best and strongest rims avail are all 1 peice such as volkj te37k volk le37 and cd28n etc etc RH Cpo-35 etc. these rims are monoblock forged and are byfar the strongest rims avail BESIDES HRE....

HRE are made in godland and are the most best awesome rism avail everyset made to order and will custom make for anycar. they are GOD in the case of all other rims.... the only rims that somewhat compare are Iforged..Work is the only company that gives HRE a run for its money making high quality wheels but not customizing every set.

iforged uses the same designs as HRE but they use CHEAP non stainless center caps that rust and "peel" and their out "round stock" are not as stronga nd not forged to the same specifications as HRE.. so... 3500 for iforged compared to 4500 for HRE. id go HRE.. other companies make nice wheels like iforged 2 peice lineup etc but in all a monoblock forged wheel is much stroingwer and much less prone to damage than a cheap imitation..

so all in all if u ask whats nicer YO these R-1 racing wheels or these...ADR's or even some axis. their all the same .. each wheel might be stonger/weaker depending on its ampount of spokes and day and which thai or china man who made them. rims with fewerr spokes are more prne to curb damage like a broken lip and wheels with more complicated designs are stonger. cause they have mutliple points where they meet (like BBS) anyways i just wanted top say that everyone who says R-1are **** or..... axis are god or w/e that they are now.. Axis doesnt have "replicas" cause they pay their maker more money not to duplicate the rims.. and rims u see like katana and icw that are like same rims everywhere are all the same made by one maker and sold to diff companies.

riley
Old 03-27-2004
Registered!!

MaThMaTiKz is an unknown quantity at this point
wow i didnt know that .... i wonder if 5zigen is really made in japan hmmm ... but since were on the quality of wheels issue ...... i heard that American Tire Co. is able to negotiate lower prices on wheels because the wheels that they get did not pass certification ... anyone know if this is true? .....
Old 03-27-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
idkabout non certified... and 5Zigen is a japanese company except for their FN01R-C wheels the FN01-R are forged and japanese but others rnt. ummm their a bunch of nice brand s i forgot but im saying made in japan=good china/thailand=others....not neccesarily bad but not "good"

also wheelmax sells blems thats why their prices r soo low.. as of now i think they had 273 lawsuits against them.... yeah not good. blems=blemished wheels...=damaged wheels. they pay less for ****ed up wheels and they sell for less.
Old 03-28-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
i kinda figured that... just like everything else (mostly, but not all) these days, you paying for the name.
Old 03-28-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Ok... one of the important things to look for is the JWL logo (Japanese wheel something or other)... basically, its the Japanese standard for the wheel being strong enough and quality (logo stamp is at 10'oclock between the spokes in the picture). I wouldn't buy a wheel without it. Its pretty standardized, and every major wheel brand has the stamp. Most of these el'crapo brands don't have it (some do, RH Evo, Konig, Rota, etc... the ones around for some decient length of time are tested).

Oh yeah BTW.... Made in Italy These fuggers are STRONG. I don't know how many shitholes I've hit... nothing, nada, zip.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	purdue3.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	25171  

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 03-28-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-28-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
yea, yup, i can't really trust anything ova seas... so i decided on a mono block forged wheel. made in the good old USA... and their company has been around for a while making great and strong rims
Old 03-28-2004
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
I can tell you my Konigs have that stamp, but one good sized shithole, and my rims are done!!

Good info Riley!
Old 03-28-2004
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
all wheels that are made like adr, RH evo, ace, edge, flik, axis, etc etc etc etc are made in thailand/china. they are all made in the same factory and they are sold off to companies....
I have a set of FLIK wheels with the JWL Logo. Assuming the FLIKs are made in thai (which I dont doubt) then there must exist some sort of standards for JWL (unless they are just stamping it which I dont doubt). So your guys info kinda contridicts eachother. Id like to see some more documentation of this. But, I think that it is possible about one factory making all these if you think about all the costs of the equipment and materials for making rims and only charging a hundred bucks for a 15. One or two companies must be making them and then selling to vendors, then to distributors, then to retailers, then to us. Sounds like we as consumers get the short end of the stick.

Im thinking of getting Centerline Forged next. Those are light and made here in the US, as Ive seen a virtual tour of the plant
Old 03-28-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
"If you lower the standard enough, everyone is a success."
Just cuz they pass, doesn't mean they're good. It just means that they're certified as safe to be used. 1/2 the stuff thats ruled DOT approved isn't really all that safe. Just look at all those little SUVs, they're DOT approved and crash certified, but the insurance people **** can them. It just varies from one standard to another. DOT rules are nothing if you compare them to what it takes to be FIA certified... its all in perspective. Its just the minimum. There's always better, and most companies have internal controls that keep their products well above the minimum levels. Some places dont. They go off what they must have to pass, and I think thats what you're seeing here.

Quick Reply: Listen up everyone