Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Average cost for mounting and balancing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Average cost for mounting and balancing?

I just went to 4 or 5 wheel/tire places and all their stuff was way more expensive than on the net. But, their tire prices included mounting and balancing. For example, to get, mount, and balance 4 Falken ZE512's the cheapest place wanted $330. I can get 4 of those tires shipped to my house for $204 at Vulcan Tire. I was quoted $30 per tire for a normal install and mount if I bring them the tire and the wheel. Is that a good price? He said sometimes it's more if the wheel is lightweight or they have to take special precautions or something that sounded kinda BS-y.

Anyway, is $30 a good average price for mounting and balancing when you provide the wheels and tires?

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
$30 per tire is Bullshit.
Tire Rack charges $15/Tire
Discount Tire charges $14/Tire
Tire Barn charges $12.50/tire
My damn DEALER only charges $16/Tire
Catch the drift?
Old 11-06-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Hell if I remember correctly, Sears Auto Center charges $35 mounting and balancing for all 4 wheels and tires. Shop around some more.

Last edited by Jodster; 11-07-2003 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Did you try Sears? They usually have good deals on mounting and balancing. $30 is too much.
Old 11-07-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I will try Sears. I called Super Wal-Mart after I posted that and they charge $12-13 per tire.

I think it will be cheaper for me to order everything and then take it to a place and have it installed.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-07-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Here's a little tip...
Since you're actually spending good money on wheels, rather than just getting new tires strapped on **** stockies, find out and make sure if a place has "touchless" mounting. And make sure the machine they're using has rubber on nylon feet (as opposed to metal). Some places are kinda ghetto like that and the machine can actually scratch the hell out of your wheels.
But yes, you are right... shipping everything to you and then mounting them is gonna be cheaper.
Old 11-07-2003
Registered!!

Frank2sy is an unknown quantity at this point
Costco charges $9/tire here in Atlanta, GA., which includes mount and balancing. Also, if I remember correctly, lifetime balance is included.
Old 11-07-2003
Premium Member

Sears wanted like $18 per tire. Screw that.
Old 11-07-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
^^^^damn, They must have raised the price. Of course its been a couple of years since I've been there. LOL

Last edited by Jodster; 11-07-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-07-2003
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
i just went to sears and they wanted 15 per tire, plus i got the lifetime warranty on them, which means that i can take them in as many times as i want, no questions asked to get free rotation and balancing.. this was 2 weeks ago...
Old 11-07-2003
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
tires plus is 15 per tire here but its a shity place, wouldn't recommend going there, cuz my mom had.
Old 11-14-2003
Premium Member

Holy crap Farm and Fleet wants only $6.99 each!!
Old 11-14-2003
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
discount tire center charges $8.95 per tire, but you pay for valve stems and tire disposal fee so it turns out to be around $12 per tire...
Old 11-15-2003
Premium Member

dude wtf the discount tire here wants $30 each!
Old 11-15-2003
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by IronFist
dude wtf the discount tire here wants $30 each!
yea they charge to much for it

i wouldnt pay more then 10 bucks
Old 11-15-2003
Registered!!

MORG655 is on a distinguished road
The place I go in Colorado Springs charges 5 bux per tire. The most expensive I've EVER seen here was this place where the guy wanted 10 bux per tire. I thought that was too much so I went to my regular guy. 30 bux PER TIRE? For Mounting and Balance? Please. Have you ever mounted and balanced a tire? It's not that freaking hard. Granted most people don't have the tools for mounting...but..whatever :P
Old 11-24-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by IronFist
Holy crap Farm and Fleet wants only $6.99 each!!
Ok, F Farm and Fleet. I just went there and the guy was like "someone must have told you the wrong price on the phone, it's $6.99 for the mount and $8.99 for the balance and $1.50 for the valve stem." So my total was going to be like $72 instead of $28.

So I'm like thanks for giving me the wrong info and making me drive 35 minutes each way to get here. Tomorrow I'm going to call the manager and be like this .

Old 11-24-2003
Premium Member

btw, I'm now looking for another place to get it done. Wal Mart is the second cheapest and it will be like $12.75 each tire total there.

I don't know where the hell you guys live to get it done for so freaking cheap.