Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

I need advice for new rotors. Mine are warped after 16,000 miles!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trusted
I need advice for new rotors. Mine are warped after 16,000 miles!!!!

Hey, does anyone out there hae any input on replacement rotors? Mine are warped after 16,000 miles. I haven't gone to the dealer to see if they will cover it under warranty, but my guess is that they will say that it is because of my wheels. So i am looking for brembo or powerstop rotors. X drilled or slotted or both, but i need to know the advantages of both and the different types. What did you guys pay for yours? Also could I get model #'s of whatever you refer too so i have a model # to refer to when i buy them. My local shop is pushing brembo for $180, I can get powerstop X drilled and stollet for $160, but what is better.

Who is the member that works as a tech for honda? I wonder what his opinion is about warranty on the rotors. If you could get back to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-16-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
u said, "BREMBO $180" is that stock replacement rotors? if it is, that price is really really high. Grey got his brembo stock replacement rotors for $89.00.
I've AEM Big Rotor Brake Kit, i think they are 12.25"......2.25" bigger than stock ! the new ones cost $450.00, but i got mine used for $250
or u can go for the Wilwood Brake Kit (Parts Section, AEM too) calieprs & rotos for $640.00 or u could just get their rotors (i dunno the price though)
Old 06-17-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
you cna find stock size brembo on ebay for about 100 dollars
Old 06-17-2002
Registered!!

tummyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Do cross drilled &slotted rotars tear up your pads faster????
Old 06-18-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Grey got his brembo stock replacement rotors for $89.00.[hr]
$119 shipped. All prices on my Member's Rides page include S&H.
[hr]Do cross drilled &slotted rotars tear up your pads faster????[hr]
Technically yes. The slots do so more than the cross drilling. Although I'm not sure how much faster?
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

tummyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Grey for answer.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
hey well if u get teh cross-drilled/slotted rotrs then why will u stick with stock brake pads. I got brembo rotors cross drilled/slotted for a really really low cost because i got sponsored by iRotors the same guy that sells them on ebay. If u want t good price then write him at iRotors.com his name is Elvis and tell him that curt refered u and he should hook u up with a good price. but back to what I was saying if u get teh cross drilled/slotted rotors why stick with stock brake pads I got the rotors and I bought AEM/nissin high performance brake pads. and there is no brake dust well very little and they stop great. and the pads cost me like $63 bucks shipped. it is one of the best mods i have done to my car. thats my .02 cents
Old 06-21-2002
Registered!!

darkside420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo

regarding your warped rotors???? Just wondered if they gave u an option to machine your rotors, this can fix a warped rotor if the braking surface isn't level. My work van Chevy G20 has a serious issue with rotors....like everytime they warp and the last time I had new calipers, rotors and pads. Wierd [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] but anyways they have machined them each time and everything works great!!!

New rotors would be good thou since u want to buy some bigger and better brakes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

l8r
darkside420
Old 04-07-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
I found brembo replacements for 49 each free shipping

sorry for bringing this back from the dead
Old 04-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally posted by Voiceofid
you cna find stock size brembo on ebay for about 100 dollars
the rotors on ebay are all brembo blanks that have been alltered by a third party. Brembo doesnt produce any cross drilled and slotted rotors. They only produce blank rotors. They produce a drilled rotor. And they produce a slotted rotor. Not both in one. I wouldnt get any of them unless you want a shitty rotor. the third party has the holes drilled in and also the same with the slots.
Old 04-07-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Dirlled Rotors are not reccomended for high performance applications, at most do slotted, but Blank is perfectly fine
Old 04-07-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
just go get the rotors turned at sears or a brake shop.
Or take the rotors off the car and take them to a shop and have them turned that way.
It is way cheaper then buying new ones.
PEP boys if there is one near you will turn the rotor if off of the car for 12 dollars a rotor.

warping is cause by the over heating of the rotors.
I get this because I drive up and down a mount every day

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-07-2004 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slystad810 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got these Brembos on eBay for $99 shipped:

The seller's name was hitech_rotors. You can get your rotors turned for about $25 or get these for $99.
Old 04-07-2004
Registered!!

aferenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Do those brembos fit 15's too?
Old 04-07-2004
A.K.A BlackCar --- Not From Califorina!

KalliGarri is on a distinguished road
hey what does ur car feel like when u hit the brakes.. when u get the rotors warped? i drive around 95-100 ish on tha hi way... and if i hit mah brakes.. i hear this deep sounding.. VOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM.. and the car juss shakes.. is that warped? what is that?
Old 04-08-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
1. do they fit 15's yes

2. shaking when you hit the brakes at high speed to slow down fast. Yes they are most likely warped and need to turned (grinded) even.
Old 04-08-2004
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
I warped my rotors at about 15,000 miles. My mechanic said the rotors are very thin and even over tightinging them could warp them. I just resurface them when i do a brake job and deal with it in between brake jobs. i would probably go with the AEM big brake kit when I put my 17's back on or just new rotors that might help.
Old 04-08-2004

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
My stock rotors warped at about 15,000 miles too. The Honda dealership just turned them for me. When the warped again I replaced them with some Power Slot rotors and EBC Green Stuff pads. I must have mounted or tightened the Power Slots wrong because they warped very quickly, so I got then turned and it's been fine ever since.

The slotted rotors are kind of noisy, but they work well.
Old 04-08-2004
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
the best way to tell if your rotors are "warped" is to look at them..
rotors don't actually "warp" the vibration is felt from an uneven buildup of material on the brake rotor, causing a non-uniform braking surface...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=144710

go there, look at all that black **** on my rotors, that's brake pad material that has fused to the rotor. Once that **** gets on there, you have to grind it off. Now, turning rotors IMO costs more than it's worth, since you can get new brembo oem blanks off of www.buybrakes.com for 70 bucks for a set.