Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Car Pulling left or right even after alignment.

Old 02-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about
Question Car Pulling left or right even after alignment.

I took my car to get new tires about 7 months back. Before the tire change, My car drove straight as can be. After I got new tires installed and got an alignment(different locations) the car pulls left or right. Switching the front tires switches the pull. The alignment place told me that it's aligned fine, that it might be a problem with the frame. But that they could fix it with some type of adjusting screws(I dont remember what they called them.)

Can the 2002 ex be adjusted like they said?
How much would something like that cost.
Could it be that since the last tires didnt pull that the new ones have "radial pull" (I looked that up)?

Please help I have no idea what to do and 7 months later the problem persists
Old 02-05-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Pulling left or right even after alignment.

I think you already found your culprit. If you switched your tires and the pull switched, it's definitely following your tires, no? Make sure your tires have the same amount of air in them. It can (though, not always) be as simple as that.
Old 02-05-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Switching the front tires switches the pull.
the new ones have "radial pull" (I looked that up)?
Good job.
Return to your tire dealer.
This is your only problem, nothing else can fix it.

and 7 months later
If it's not too late.

The alignment place told me that it's aligned fine, that it might be a problem with the frame. But that they could fix it with some type of adjusting screws
It's aligned fine -- STOP. Story is done, over, finished.

Can the 2002 ex be adjusted like they said?
STOP!

Yet they want to tell you it's a frame problem?
Stay the hell away from there.

Either they cannot find or fix the tire problem, refuse to or aren't smart enough to,
or they are the ones that sold you these tires in the first place and will not admit they are junk.

I shouldn't say it like that, ANY tires can have issues, even when brand new.

I have had to diagnose tire pull problems for Walmart and other stores like that. I'm not saying they can't, but I don't think very many can.

How much would something like that cost.
They will keep on working on it until they accidentally fix it, you run out of money, or you get sick of going back.

But that they could fix it with some type of adjusting screws
The screws attach to your wallet and your backside?
Old 02-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

Thank you both!
I'm going to go talk to them in the next few days again. The tires have a manufacturer warranty.
The weird thing to me and the reason why I think it might not be radial pull is because they've switched the front tires with the back tires.
Im sure that all four tires CAN be that bad, maybe the whole lot of tires from the same brand that they have is wrong.
How do I avoid them just changing out my bad tires for new bad tires?
Old 02-05-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The tires have a manufacturer warranty.
They will probably be pro-rated according to tread depth.

Then you may end up with an issue of unequal tread depth causing pull.

Im sure that all four tires CAN be that bad, maybe the whole lot of tires from the same brand that they have is wrong.
What kind of cheapo discount tires did you get?

The weird thing to me and the reason why I think it might not be radial pull is because they've switched the front tires with the back tires.
More than one tire is causing a pull.
Any tire can cause a pull in either direction. All 4 could have issues, it's entirely possible.

Let's review what you already stated:
Originally Posted by 2002ExCivic
Before the tire change, My car drove straight as can be.

Switching the front tires switches the pull.

The alignment place told me that it's aligned fine

How do I avoid them just changing out my bad tires for new bad tires?
IDK.....Pick a better brand to begin with?
Old 02-06-2014
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

if the tires are directional or, inside outside, there is a chance some noob put one or more tires on backwards.