Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Powerslot rotor + HAWK pad combo *truehonda*

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EastBayStuntN is an unknown quantity at this point
Powerslot rotor + HAWK pad combo *truehonda*

http://truehonda.com/inventory.php?a...tdetail&id=489

i had my front rotor resurfaced 3 times and brakes pads replaced by big-o-tires. im standing at 50k miles. after every resurface (5-7k inbetween), the problem only comes back...vibrating/shaking steering wheel on highway speed braking. now im looking at the powerslot combo truehonda offers and would like to see what others think of it as far as daily driving goes?
im looking for a good replacement for the OEM rotors at a lower cost and better pads than the big-o brand i got in there now.
Old 09-28-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Powerslot rotor + HAWK pad combo *truehonda*

they're awesome.. I've had them for probably 6 months now and the braking is fantastic a lot of people will say that it just improves feel.. but when I put decent pressure on the brakes, the car really takes a nosedive
Old 09-28-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

A rotor is a rotor. Slots and crap arent going to do anything at all, if anything they make rotors warp faster. I've been beating the living hell out of autozone rotors for years without ever having a problem. You might want to have the hubs checked for straightness. Either you're riding the brakes like a grandma, or something is helping those rotors along. Rotors every 5-7K is rediculous.
Old 09-28-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

uneven wear is normally caused by bad caliper or caliper hardware. Id have a thorough job done in cleaning the calipers, checking the slide pins for even, fluid movement. Id replace the rattle clips too and the new pads should always be lubricated before being installed. Either way, my power slot rotors have warped twice, my stock ones never warped at all. Im running powerslot rotors with PBR axxis ultimates. Trying to decide what my next setup will be. Autozone rotors might not warp, but heavy use has a tendancy to heat spot and crack them like crazy.
Old 09-28-2007
Registered!!

EastBayStuntN is an unknown quantity at this point

to break it down for brake maintanence (these are estimated mileage):
20k: new pads replaced with with big-o-tire's premium pads along with rotor resurface.
32k: vibration, resurfaced rotors
40k: same as above
50k (present): same as above but crazy vibrations

how much are autozone rotors? are they just as good or better than OEM?
when you say cleaning the calipers, do u mean like carb cleaner to get all that gunk out?
Old 09-28-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

carb cleaner, brake clean, solution soak, whatever, 7thgen calipers seem to be pretty sensitive to that kind of ****. Even my gf's stock 03 sedan managed to get some pretty nasty wear on the pads because after a certain point the pistons werent coming out straight and it was because brake dust had accumulated on the caliper bracket and wasnt allowing the pads to move freely. jobber price on autozone rotors are like $12 a piece, big-o is probably charging you like $70 a pop, but regular price would probably be around 20-30 each. Some places will charge you more labor if you bring your own parts to make up for what they wont make in part mark up. So do it yourself or find a skilled person to do a quality brake job for you. and stop being so aggressive on your brakes, lol.