Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Wilwood Brakes --Need Help--

Old 10-27-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Ok, and to further my point, it takes more than a night to learn it all. So I'm glad we agree on that. You throw a lot of variables into a system that was designed specifically for a very important purpose. Upgrading the calipers involves a lot. Usually an MC upgrade is a smart move, figuring out the effects of the bias change and the function of the ABS is also another thing to figure out. I'm not saying don't buy it, I don't care about your bank account, what I'm saying is there's no sense buying something you're going to look back on later thinking it was pointless because you didn't know the whole deal. I've done it before, I learned from it, which is why I'm pretty assish about throwing money, especially a lot of money around on things that may not actually serve a major beneficial use. If you're jumping from stock Honda everything to complete new systems without trying to improve the brakes in other ways first, I would suggest exploring those far less drastic and cheaper avenues first.
Very good! Finally some help. I will take all of this into consideration. Boilermaker1 you’re the best!

sweeteli99 - I do want to do the rear disc conversion in the near future but one thing at a time.
Old 10-27-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by texascivic2k1
Very good! Finally some help. I will take all of this into consideration. Boilermaker1 you’re the best!

sweeteli99 - I do want to do the rear disc conversion in the near future but one thing at a time.
I too intend on someday $$$ permiting getting a rear disc conversion and big brake rear rotors
Old 10-27-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Some articles that may help you in your search for better brakeing..

http://www.teamscr.com/grmbrakes.htm
http://www.teamscr.com/bigbrakekits.html
http://www.teamscr.com/rotors.html
http://www.teamscr.com/rearbrakeupgrades.html
Old 10-27-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the props....texascivic....

As for Boilermaker - I'd definately listen to what he has to say cause there are very few on here that have actually done the research and the testing in track situations to find the best setups for ours cars when it comes to braking and such but Boilermaker has and is very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff... As for me (Mr. Showcar) I'm actually leaning toward a rear conversion and an AEM big rotor in the front and that should be good for me unless I come up on some extra loot to do the Willwood in front but I'd still like to do the rear conversion first...JMO...
Old 10-27-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Just an FYI, AEM no longer makes Big brake kits they sold out to Powerslot http://www.powerslot.com Some good reads there Zzyzx .
Old 10-27-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
Thanks for the props....texascivic....

As for Boilermaker - I'd definately listen to what he has to say cause there are very few on here that have actually done the research and the testing in track situations to find the best setups for ours cars when it comes to braking and such but Boilermaker has and is very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff... As for me (Mr. Showcar) I'm actually leaning toward a rear conversion and an AEM big rotor in the front and that should be good for me unless I come up on some extra loot to do the Willwood in front but I'd still like to do the rear conversion first...JMO...

Thanks for the advise XTREM2K2CIVIC. I am just looking for a nice show car, I don't care for racing.

Zzyzx thanks for the links that really helped me out on what I am getting my self into.