Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Discount Tire Co. Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mp3allday is an unknown quantity at this point
Discount Tire Co. Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little long

So i was an idiot and bent one of my rims (hit a pot hole f**king sucks). So i go into my local discount tire with which i have been doing business with for a while. The tell me I have to by a new rim, i dont have a problem with that since i was the idiot, so they order me a new rim direct from konig, well 3 weeks later its in, and i am so excited. After work i head over there and they pull my car in and start working on it. About 15 minutes later they come to me and tell me that they ordered the wrong size rim for the tire, so at this point im a little upset, but i say hey you know mistakes can be made, im cool. So they order me a new rim and three days later it comes in, which is a little strange but im like whatever ive got my rims im happy. So this is the second time i go in, and they put my rims on and i leave. So im all excited showing everyone, because before this i had only had the rims for a week. Anyways im driving in to work today and i feel a shimmy in the steering, so i pull over and check it out, turns out ive got a flat. Now im a little upset because i just got these replaced. Im changing my tire and i pull it off and what do i realize, the rim that they put on my car was the one that i f**king payed 168.00 to get replaced, they same busted wheel, so im furious.

Thanks for listening
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
WTF? Those guys are real assh*les. Go back there and give them a piece of your mind! Update us!
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

03whitecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
they better give you some compensation for the trouble they gave you...
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JCiv03
WTF? Those guys are real assh*les. Go back there and give them a piece of your mind! Update us!
yes please keep us imformed, as i just ordered tires from them on friday
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

So i went in there to get my tire replaced. So this is what they did for me. They reimbursed me 15 dollars from the difference of the 18 inch wheel to the 17 and they gave me a brand new tire and the rim finally. I think this is a little bit of bulls**t so im going to talk to the owner on monday
Old 07-24-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
haha wow I knew they were bad, but putting the old rim back? That takes real retarded skill.
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
You should get more than 15 bucks, you should get real compensation. Free rotation and alignment!!!
Old 07-24-2005
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
F**k the discount chains.....I fix their crap all the time. I wish ya all were close so I could handle all this crap for you....
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
i never really liked discount tire either. My dad got the lifetime alignment with them. And the two times that we went, they messed up his car. The first time, they jammed his key into the ignition and got it stuck in there. The second time, it took 3 hours to do the alignment...i dunno what they did...but the guy ended up taking a crowbar or something like that and banged the crap outta the front left part of the car (i honestly dunno what part it was because when i asked if anything was wrong, the guy said, "what do you think is wrong? im trying to fix your car!").
Old 07-25-2005
Registered!!

mkingk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426
i never really liked discount tire either. My dad got the lifetime alignment with them. And the two times that we went, they messed up his car. The first time, they jammed his key into the ignition and got it stuck in there. The second time, it took 3 hours to do the alignment...i dunno what they did...but the guy ended up taking a crowbar or something like that and banged the crap outta the front left part of the car (i honestly dunno what part it was because when i asked if anything was wrong, the guy said, "what do you think is wrong? im trying to fix your car!").
AHAHAH lol that is bad
Old 07-25-2005
Registered!!

wtf, you laughing at my pain?! jp
Old 07-26-2005
Registered!!

Notty will become famous soon enoughNotty will become famous soon enough
Hey bro...whats going on with your rim situation now? Did talking to the owner do any good?? Gimme a call so we can meet up...I'd like to see how they look on your car, now that all 4 wheels are back on..hehe
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

The owner has been out of town for the past week, he should be in on monday so i am going to go back and talk to him. But so far nothing
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
^^ Be sure to raise some hell... seriously. That is totally unacceptable.
Old 07-30-2005
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
FuzzyLogic246
never really liked discount tire either. My dad got the lifetime alignment with them.
you are stupid, I work at discount tire and they dont do alignments. yall are retarded! all that is bullsh1t. i mean if you so called got a flat the day after, i mean you possibily hit ANOTHER pot hole and got a nother flat...HA!..but i well...sorry i could be of any service to you!
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

ok, whatever you wanna think. maybe my dad and i just imagined all of that. its all good...

or, i am so sure of it that i will go and take a picture just for you. and if youre wrong, then youre the stupid one.

btw..IF they dont do it, how come in this sunday newspaper that im reading, they have "Free Alignment Inspection"? why would they help you check your alignment if they dont do alignments? "oh you need to go get an alignment...now get the f outta here and go somewhere else, cuhz we dont do alignments!"
and wow, a coupon for "10 dollars off one time alignment" doode, i must be seeing things again! this is another reason why you dont go to discount tire, they dont even know what they do there

think before you speak man...

edit: now that im done being an ***, i probably think that only the ones in California do alignments and the ones over there dont do em. but still, dont go around calling people stupid, cuhz you never know, you might end up being the one who's "stupid"

Last edited by fuzzylogic426; 07-30-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
ive had some friends that had bad experiences with them
Old 07-31-2005

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
I got my wheels from Discount tire Co. near Lemont, Illinois and I had no problems at all...they were actually super nice over the phone and when I got there. It sucks to hear that a couple of bad apples can ruin a business name.
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

[QUOTE=burke420]FuzzyLogic246

you are stupid, I work at discount tire and they dont do alignments. yall are retarded! all that is bullsh1t. i mean if you so called got a flat the day after, i mean you possibily hit ANOTHER pot hole and got a nother flat...HA!..but i well...sorry i could be of any service to you!

Well i didnt hit a pot hole because the tire went flat due to the fact that they put the same busted wheel and tire on that i went in there to get replaced, so before you go calling my story bullsh1t check your guys make sure they are not f*cking RETARDED
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
As a side note to end some confusion, there are two different 'Discount Tires'. Here in California (and perhaps a few other states), there's a Discount Tire Centers (with the purple sign) that does other services like the aforementioned alignments and what not. Discount Tires, which is America's Tires here, is the one that is located in most other states. They're strictly a tire operation that, in my experience, has been actually pretty decent in pricing and service.

-- Kane
Old 08-02-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Discount tire co. does alignments here
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
they don't do alignments over here at my local discount tire
Old 08-03-2005
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i talked to a manager about Alignments today, and he told NO Discount tire Co. in the rold doe alignments, the place is too busy balancing, rotating, and mounting, etc. to align a car. we only recomend places. eat them apples FUzzYLOGIC
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Did anyone read my comment all but 2 days ago being that there's two different 'Discount Tires' here in the US? Two different companies - so why with the arguing that your Discount Tires does or does not do alignments?!

Old 10-10-2012
Registered!!

dellis78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Discount Tire Co. Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fyi discount tires doesn't do alignments thats tire discounters that two totally different company's and in nor way shape or form related or do business together at all
Old 10-11-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dellis78
fyi discount tires doesn't do alignments thats tire discounters that two totally different company's and in nor way shape or form related or do business together at all
you fail becuase this thread is back from 2005 and that means that its 7 years old.
Old 10-11-2012
Registered!!

PearlVic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
you fail becuase this thread is back from 2005 and that means that its 7 years old.
lol:cel: