Electrical Post your Electrical issues here!

Blower Motor Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itsoharry is an unknown quantity at this point
Blower Motor Not Working

My blower motor recently stopped working. I've replaced the resistor and checked the fuses and nothing. I know the blower motor is filled with leaves and debris but haven't been able to clean it. I want to try to replace it but I am having a hard time removing it due to a grey box that says ABS in its way. Can anyone please advise on removing the grey box? It is attached to the right side of the car covered by a piece of plastic.
Old 04-19-2019
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Blower Motor Not Working

Need more info like model year.

All of them I've seen lately are screws at bottom to remove motor. ( and one connector)

Before you remove motor.... Take out cabin filter, and spin the plastic blades with key at II and fan switch on. See if it will run.
Old 04-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itsoharry is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s a 98 coupe ex. This is what is blocking the motor from coming out. It is just a couple screws? And is there anything I should be careful about
Old 04-19-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember having to remove all that to take the fan out (but it's been a damn long time since I've been into a car that old LOL),
but if it's in the way you can unbolt whatever you need to and move it aside....you can unplug wires if necessary, just put it all back the same way you found it and make sure it all works normally when done..