EG Civic failing smog, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kace is an unknown quantity at this point
EG Civic failing smog, need help

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums and am seeking help regarding my EG Civic that I just bought. It's a 95 civic VX with a D16z6 swap done to it. Everything stock except the CARB legal intake. Car has the P28 ECM.

It is failing smog, because of high NOx, some repairs have been done to it to get it to pass legally but for some reason the numbers are still high. The shop that the car is at has a very reputable smog technician, many years experience.

I have done my homework and researched the causes of high NOx, but I just wanted to see what you experienced civic owners had to say about my situation.

The car is in the shop right now, and here is a list of repairs and work done to get it to pass

1. New Catalytic Convertor
2. Replaced Header o2 sensor
3. Decarbed the engine twice
and I believe he has done something with the timing as well (retarded it back a couple degrees)

Last time I spoke with him, he mentioned that he retarded the timing back and was going to look at the grounding of the ECM, because the way it sits its not really being supported or anything. I do not know the status as of right now... seems like nothing is getting this thing to pass legally.

Any help is greatly appreciated.