Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

New member here, 2007 Honda Civic Coupe lock issues

Old 12-13-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChrisG43 is an unknown quantity at this point
New member here, 2007 Honda Civic Coupe lock issues

New guy here....I'm trying to find out some info about my daughter's car before I plunge into fixing it. 07 LX coupe, the door lock will not open. We don't have a remote fob as the car was a repo. The trunk lock and ignition lock are fine. About a week ago the tumblers on the drivers side crapped out. I found a youtube video showing how to remove the lock. Kinda looks like a PITA, but doable. 1) Would it be feasible to easily remove the trunk lock and switch the locks? I haven't seen how to remove the trunk lock, if that should be an option. 2) Having a locksmith fix the tumblers, probably cheaper than a new lock assembly, but if I need to go to Honda, will the title/registration give them all the info to check and see if they have a lock on hand or need to order one? 3) I've seen the remote fobs that are sold online. I've heard it's impossible to DIY program on your own, but I've seen threads/videos where it says you can. If I got a blank key with a fob is it possible to self program it with a "key sequence" to use it to open doors/etc. Thanks in advance, Chris....
Old 12-14-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New member here, 2007 Honda Civic Coupe lock issues

Would it be feasible to easily remove the trunk lock and switch the locks?
No, they are not the same

Having a locksmith fix the tumblers
If you carry the lock cylinder to the locksmith shop and hand it to them to retumble it, this should be the cheapest option. Call and ask.
I've heard it's impossible to DIY program on your own,
Must be programmed with a scanner. Not a DIY.
Ask your locksmith about it, it's part of the immobilizer key programming process.

If your locksmith doesn't have equipment to work with Honda sidewinder locks and keys, call your dealership.