Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

drove over '15 fob, what best way to replace it?

Old 11-20-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don15coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
drove over '15 fob, what best way to replace it?

2015 4 button fob, no remote start, I have 1 left. Id like to get 2 more to have a total of 3. Anyone know my options on doing this? I heard you can get them on amazon but how do you program them? Could I go to a private shop and have them install remote start and get new fobs? would those new fobs have to work w the original fobs? Any info would be appreciated.
Old 11-20-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,120 Likes on 935 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: drove over '15 fob, what best way to replace it?

if you're planning on putting in remote start, then there's no point in buying additional normal fobs, my remote start came with 2, I put the remote start fobs with the keys and put the stock fobs away. the oem fob with still work with a remote start installed, just wont be able to start the car. However the stock fob wont unlock the doors if the car has been started by the remote start, because it thinks the key is in the ignition.
If you just want new stock fobs the dealer is the best bet for them to work properly, I would avoid purchasing them from amazon or ebay, always check sellers rating and reviews, most parts stores will sell aftermarket fobs.
Old 11-20-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: drove over '15 fob, what best way to replace it?

Dealership or well equipped locksmith may be the only places that can program key/fob/immobilizer systems.

Aftermarket remote start systems....ask your installer what options and possibilities there might be.