Interior Post information/questions/Issues about Interiror Parts here.

Sun Visor split open?

Old 11-16-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sun Visor split open?

Think I paid $44 online, shipping is deal breaker on small orders though. And yes, 2010s visors are junk as well.
Old 12-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stevenk is an unknown quantity at this point

same here, 2010 model sun visor got split broken. Plastic part upto ****. Warranty just expired....
Old 12-30-2015

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stevenk
same here, 2010 model sun visor got split broken. Plastic part upto ****. Warranty just expired....
Do you live out West or in South ?? Sun makes it worse.

No extended coverage on later 8th gens, and factory coverage is 3-36.
Old 12-30-2015
Registered!!

Stevenk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CraigW
Do you live out West or in South ?? Sun makes it worse.

No extended coverage on later 8th gens, and factory coverage is 3-36.
I live in south-east. Sun makes the difference, however all the plastic inside is poor quality, you can see that straight away.
Old 12-31-2015

Always said my 05s plastic was consistency of hot butter, my 2010 and 2013 the consistency of hotter butter. They don't care what happens once it leaves the factory.

Only thing that made them extend 06-08 was the fact that it was a SAFETY ISSUE....they give not a **** to 09-11 owners with crappy visors.

The part # for the visors has NEVER changed..... and the "improved sonic welding" still sucks, Honda.
Old 01-09-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  fkqICCC.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  1.37 MBSaw this a couple days ago
Old 12-06-2017

Working on the original drivers side for my 2010 currently, going to try 5 or 6, .5" binder post and will likely Goop the threads lightly on assembly.

I would love to try bolts with REAL threads but concerned about the safety of them.

Honda is APPARETLY not concerned about the safety of a drooping visor.

JUNK !!!!
Old 02-07-2019

Used some 1/2"steel binders X 6 on the drivers side. Tightened the hell out them.

Attempted to fix the drooping passenger side with little luck. Open to suggestions on passenger side..... He will have to fold it forward. Refuse to spend another CENT on these junk visors.
Old 02-08-2019
emp
Registered!!

emp is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this after running a search and followed the process, it has held up pretty good since I did it,,albeit...only 4 months ago...

Old 02-08-2019

In the passenger side I have 4 steel 1/2" binders tightened to hell. Still droops.

Edit: I used binder clips (steel) on the drivers side and got that side to hold. The passenger side WOULD NOT stay tight for anything.

Bit the bullet and purchased a new passenger visor part # ends in ZE.

Fingers crossed !!

Last edited by CraigW; 02-22-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-08-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Good info., on my 2nd recall replacement, replacement not redesign as it should have been, still the same issue. I would add washers on both sides and lock washer, nut on the top side (less visible most of the time). This problem is pronounced in a hot climates like Texas
Old 05-14-2019
Registered!!

LBruns is an unknown quantity at this point

I see a class action law suit settlement on the split open sun visors was settled but I was NEVER contacted about this lawsuit. I had to have mine replaced twice. Now that I moved back to AZ and the weather got hot, both of my visors split again. I know my car is a 2008 but it’s low mileage and since it’s obviously a design flaw I want it replaced! It’s dangerous because my son is driving it and he is tall and he can’t even see the road. He just got back home from for the summer and is having to drive my other car. What do you suggest? I don’t want to pay out of pocket for this.

P.S. also my clear coat is coming off which makes my navy blue Honda Civic look like crap! I’ve seen other Civics with the same issue. This is yet another problem. I’m a Quality & Reliability Engineer so I know this is crap for Honda to get away with this.
Old 05-14-2019
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LBruns
I see a class action law suit settlement on the split open sun visors was settled but I was NEVER contacted about this lawsuit. I had to have mine replaced twice. Now that I moved back to AZ and the weather got hot, both of my visors split again. I know my car is a 2008 but it’s low mileage and since it’s obviously a design flaw I want it replaced! It’s dangerous because my son is driving it and he is tall and he can’t even see the road. He just got back home from for the summer and is having to drive my other car. What do you suggest? I don’t want to pay out of pocket for this.

P.S. also my clear coat is coming off which makes my navy blue Honda Civic look like crap! I’ve seen other Civics with the same issue. This is yet another problem. I’m a Quality & Reliability Engineer so I know this is crap for Honda to get away with this.
I have a Chrysler product that keeps leaking oil. It is a known design flaw and they REFUSE to fix it for me. I feel entitled to getting it fixed for free. It doesn't matter that the warranty expired almost 50 years ago since it is also a low mileage car...….

Your visors "extended" warranty expired 4 years ago at what point do you "OWN" your car.

ps I always get the giggles when someone whips out a degree or profession and touts it as special knowledge. I have seen visors fixed in a vast variety of ways with the more clever being almost invisible. You are left with the choices of fix it or replace it.
Old 05-14-2019

Using STEEL binder post I got the drivers side pretty tight..... the passenger WOULD NOT tighten, so had to bite the bullet.

Regardless they are JUNK.
Old 08-11-2019
Registered!!

Paul Rentz is an unknown quantity at this point

There's an easy fix for the sun visor issue. On my wife's 2007 EX the passenger side fell apart some time ago (in the Willamette Valley, OR- so not extremely hot). I didn't try to fix it. Recently she was cleaning the car thoroughly and removed an old visor clip on the driver's side- these used to be common to hold a small map, etc. Once she did that side fell apart immediately! Now I was onto something- that clip had held it together for years, most likely! I had wondered how in the world the passenger side would fail but not the driver's side. So far I haven't been able to locate one of those old style clips but remembered she had picked up a box of extra large binder clips from Office Max on some super clearance- less than a dollar for twelve! Anyway, I thought I'd give it a try- they work GREAT! And they still sell them so not sure why that box was on clearance. Anyway, you need the 120 sheet clips. Now what about the wire bars that you use to open the clip, won't those get in the way? Yes they will, but here's the beauty of those clips- simple squeeze the metal bars together and they come off VERY easily- you're done! Here's the link to the Office Depot brand- I can't vouch for the Staples brand to be as easy to remove the wire spreader bars. https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...r-Clips-Large/
Old 10-13-2021
Registered!!

SkyShadow is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to put my 2 cents of this issue it has worked well for at least 5 years on the Civic. It may or may not work in your situation but thought I would provide some insight. I was frustrated the visor would droop down. Got a replacement visor from Honda using the warranty back then and then the visor failed again. So I did this binder clip method and it has lasted.