Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

car AUX problem - very complicated

Old 03-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myvu94 is an unknown quantity at this point
car AUX problem - very complicated

Hi everyone,

I am owning a civic 2008 coupe ex-l with the navigation system; recently I ran into a problem of AUX. At first, the port seems to not working since there was no AUX option when pushing the audio button, I immediately swap a new AUX port. The problem was solved, but then for a few months after that I notice sometimes the song just only play background music with very low vocal, I switched to radio and XM, and the sound back to normal. If I wiggle the 3.5mm jack then it worked fine again, but only for a while then it happened again. So I thought it could be due to cheap aux port, then I purchased the original part and swapped in, it worked immediately for like 5 days and backed to playing background music only. Again this only happens in AUX mode, with radio or XM everything seems to work fine.

I googled the problem but nothing came up beside the port itself. Have anyone seen this problem before? I think it could be the harness cable inside, if so does anyone know how much it costs to buy the replacement? and what does it called, since I google but only for aftermarket stereo popped up.

Please help, thank you
Old 03-19-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: car AUX problem - very complicated

Did you try a new AUX cable? I didn't see that mentioned. Might be the connection to the head unit.

Just put in a Bluetooth system and be done with those pesky cords!

I have this one and it works great.

https://www.usaspec.com/p-315-bt45-hon3.aspx

https://www.amazon.com/USA-BT45-HON3-Bluetooth-Select-2003-2014/dp/B00NMXMUW8/ref=asc_df_B00NMXMUW8/?tag=hyprod-

20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312070784062&hvpos=1o2&hvne tw=g&hvrand=13562456991438323527&hvpone=&hvptwo=&h vqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021706 &hvtargid=pla-492941087433&psc=1

PAC Audio is another option.

https://pac-audio.com/?fc=module&mod...mp-sbv-submit=
Old 03-20-2019
Registered!!

Myvu94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I tried to replace the AUX cable in the beginning. My friend gave me the high quality Monster cable but problem was still there, that also means the problem does not lie in the cable
Old 03-05-2020
Registered!!

Indecisive is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Myvu94
Hi everyone,

I am owning a civic 2008 coupe ex-l with the navigation system; recently I ran into a problem of AUX. At first, the port seems to not working since there was no AUX option when pushing the audio button, I immediately swap a new AUX port. The problem was solved, but then for a few months after that I notice sometimes the song just only play background music with very low vocal, I switched to radio and XM, and the sound back to normal. If I wiggle the 3.5mm jack then it worked fine again, but only for a while then it happened again. So I thought it could be due to cheap aux port, then I purchased the original part and swapped in, it worked immediately for like 5 days and backed to playing background music only. Again this only happens in AUX mode, with radio or XM everything seems to work fine.

I googled the problem but nothing came up beside the port itself. Have anyone seen this problem before? I think it could be the harness cable inside, if so does anyone know how much it costs to buy the replacement? and what does it called, since I google but only for aftermarket stereo popped up.

Please help, thank you
just wondering if you ever ended up figuring this out looking for a solution for my girlfriends car
Old 03-05-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

my understanding was the aux port on the 8thgen was absolute crap. My ex's car had the same problem, and I hacked it up and turned it into an aux port when her godfather gave her an in-dash navi double din radio he was gifted by a customer of his.
Old 04-01-2020
Registered!!

redmoney54 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i think i have the same problem. three months ago i was driving down to FL from PA in my 08 civic with NAV, the AUX audio was making this weird whirling noise whenever i press on the gas to drive. it sometimes would go away or come back whenever i hit a bump in the road. when i have a FM transmitter on instead of the aux the problem wasn’t there. or with the radio or anything that isn’t AUX. i’m wondering if you ever got it fixed. or our problems are different.

also you know where the passenger airbag light is? whenever i press my palm to the light and apply pressure it would go away. weirdly. but the pressure has to be applied for it to sound normal. this is with the six. since the fm transmitter doesn’t work anymore.
Old 08-16-2020
Registered!!

Teeknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I’m new to the forum and just noticed that my 2008 civic all of a sudden lost the AUX option that showed up on the display. Wondering if this could mean that the actual port needs to be replaced. Can anyone confirm this?

Tino

Originally Posted by Myvu94
Hi everyone,

Please help, thank you
Old 10-06-2020
Registered!!

Teeknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess that means I gotta replace the Aux port...at this point not sure if it's worth it vs bluetooth. Any suggestions?
Old 10-06-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,121 Likes on 936 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

See how much a decent deck and dash kit is from Crutchfield is and then make your decision based off that. I personally only use Bluetooth for calls. I have my iPod plugged into the usb of my deck
Old 10-06-2020
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chuffsy is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a quick fix for this . It will require soldering. I saw the fix on you tube. In essence when you insert anything into the aux port the normal operation is for the radio to auto detect and switch to the aux mode. The fix removes this auto feature so if you plug anything there you will manually have to select the aux mode by pressing the aux button.
Old 10-06-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I tried that fix on my ex's 08 and it didn't work. Her godfather gave her an in-dash double din GPS head unit anyways, so I gutted the OEM aux port and made it into a USB port to connect to the rear USB port of the head unit
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (10-06-2020)
Old 10-07-2020
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Teeknow
Guess that means I gotta replace the Aux port...at this point not sure if it's worth it vs bluetooth. Any suggestions?
Yeah I’d price a head unit and see how much it will run you. Bluetooth is usually not that much more and even Bluetooth ones typically have AUX and or USB. Both my cars have BT calling but only one has BT music streaming, the other is AUX. I do enjoy having everything BT so I’d spring for a fully BT unit.
Old 09-14-2022

jazer313 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought the 2006 Civic Ex, I see the aux input, I just don't see where I can select it; there is no physical button nor anything on the navigation system interface. Any idea how can I select the aux input?